Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goinvirtacle

Looking at PMDG..but have some questions

Guest Goinvirtacle

Hey all,Ive been searching now for months for the Best BBJ for FS9 (and something that'll be updated for FSX) and I think I'll be a new PMDG Customer. Yeah, I looked at Ariane very closely, but im starting to see through the crap;)(if ya know what i mean)....after seeing the price tag, the final clincher was hearing all your opinions on ariane and how much of a Pain it is. Then I emailed them with a question, and the guy was a real dick to me...so, Im leaning more and more toward PMDG!! Then I was told about PMDG (although Ive seen the PMDG planes floating around quite a bit on different sites...some of the guys at Pacific Airways VA talk real good about it). I'm really looking for something with VERY long range and a good business cabin along with all the other usuall things in a good addon. Im aware that PMDG doesnt have a Business cabin for a BBJ...but I just got wind of a new project (I guess PMDG will be making a true BBJ version?) you guys are making for FSX...I guess Im kinda trusting there will be somthing along those lines in the New BBJ. Anyway, enough yappin....my question is...Being that Im on the Hunt specifically for a 6500nm range BBJ, which version of PMDG 737 should I buy??? Im looking at the NG, but pmdg_bbjmil.zip says I need both the NG, AND 6/7/8/9 models for that addon (Im not made of money..lol). Do I really need to buy both??(Im just looking for ONE bbj man..lol)Anyway, Thanks for sittin here reading all that...Id appreciate some Direction!!;)~PaulBTW, Should I wait for FSX and the NGX version to come out...or can I buy the NG now and get an update (or atleast some kind of discount for current owners of the FS9 version? Dont want to buy the same plane twice for a new sim)

Guest Moviedirector20

The current 737 series will not be updated for FSX, but an entirely new line made.

Paul,Welcome to the forums and its highly devoted group of people. I hope you'll enjoy it.If you opt to buy a CD version you can buy either the TNG (737-600/700) or the 800/900 package as they are stand alone. The 800/900 package will give you TCASII and revised panels and expanded FMC functionality to mention a few. If you go the download route you will need both 600/700 and the 800/900 package as the latter is an expansion of the former but you get all functionality from both packages in the complete range of types.No discount is planned for NG owners as the NG for FSX is a completely new aircraft from the bottom code up. And it might be a while until we see the FSX NG as there are some pother types ahead of it in the pipeline as stated in the pinned topic by Cpt. Randazzo.Hope it helps,