Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatteoLIPH

PMDG 747 WRONG COORDINATES

Guest MatteoLIPH

Hi all..i have a problem..everytime i put into the fmc a coordinate(for example N60W040 doing a NAT),it gives me a wrong coordinate(example if i put N60W040 it takes for good a new one generated himself for example N59W040 or N61W040 variating 1degree)..WHY??Thanks in advance

>Hi all..i have a problem..everytime i put into the fmc a>coordinate(for example N60W040 doing a NAT),it gives me a>wrong coordinate(example if i put N60W040 it takes for good a>new one generated himself for example N59W040 or N61W040>variating 1degree)..WHY??>>Thanks in advanceMatteoLIPH,I'm not sure if this applies but I think the earth's magnetic field changes by about one degree every so many years. For example, KBHM airport runway 5 and 23 is now runway 6 and 24. The runways are numbered to the nearest 10 degrees. Since the earth's magnetic field changes, the new coordinantes must be applied. Like I said, I'm sure if this really applies but I seems to explain the error, and the FMC is taking the new coordinates. Maybe someone can explain more. Ken.

Guest MatteoLIPH

understood..but if i have to follow a NAT i have to follow the real coordinates not the new created by my FMC!i don't know really what it could be..it happens sometimes..especially when i put NAT coordinates.. Another thing..how can i write this coordinate(6830N070W)on my FMCThanks in advanceMatteo