Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmablaze

Electrical Systems Question.....

Guest mmablaze

Hi guys, I am new to flying the PMDG 747 but, not new to PMDG products. Taking the 747 out for its first flight I cant seem to figure out why the GEN CONT fails. Heres what my Overhead look like right nowStandby power L Utility R APU AUTO ON ON ONEXT PWR APU GEN 1 BATTERY APU GEN 2 EXT PWR 2OFF ON ON ON OFFBUS TIE 1 BUS TIE 2 BUS TIE 3 BUS TIE 4AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTOGEN CONT 1-4ON SHOWING YELLOW OFFDRIVE DISCNONE pushed in.I have tried starting engines that doesn't workWhen I look under electrical on my EICAS all is green until BUS TIE after that I show yellow.Ray Blaszak

Hi Ray, welcome to the forums mate!A screen shot of your overhead panel might be a bit easier to interpret. Can you post one after engine start and we'll look at it for you.Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest mmablaze

If I knew how to take a screenshot I would. Thats why I did it like that.

- Set up the image you want to capture in FS- Press 'Alt' + 'Print Screen'- Go into an image managing program like Photoshop or even MS Paint- Press 'Ctrl' + 'v'- Go to the file menu and save the picture as a JPG file- You can then use it to attach here.A forum search on taking screenshots will assist further.Look forward to helping you out! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

After engine start, did the DRIVE DISC lights extinguish?Did you try cycling the BTB's and GCB's (OFF-ON-OFF)?Cheers.Q>