Sign in to follow this  
Guest packers

Maybe a PMDG 747 Update no ?

Guest packers

Good afternoon everyone,My question today is very simple but maybe more harder to be accepted from PMDG.I bough the Boeing 747-400 and also the Freighter version when it was released and there is my problem.I know the excellent simulator knows as Precision Simulator (PS1) who is the most complex and intensive Boeing 747 Simulator where in everything. All systems are modelled. PS1 users are having a complete Weather EICAS display, and PMDG user have not. No winds are showned in our FMC, and PS1 yes. No ACARS pages and PS1 again yes ! They have at least a very completed FMC, with PMDG is not completed on the systems ?? With our FMC is not completed and have missing pages ? Very important in a flight...I heard that PMDG B744 would be more and better than PS1, excuse me that is not the truth cause it is not complete.What I mean, I love the PMDG 744 cause it is a very beautifull aircraft, and also the ONLY one (I want to say) correct for FS9. I never saw such a great addon.But also you have released a interim patch and a universal patch. And nothing is corrected, it is still the same !!! Only correcting small bugs. And I am or maybe we are still maybe from PMDG to updated the FMC and the airple please. For the price we paid for it, it would be at least very normal to have a WORLDCLASS addon, 100% complete.I will buy your PMDG MD11 when it is release, but at least it should be complete too.Something very interesting, instead of making beautifull airplane (design etc...) why don't you concentrate a little bit more on a real and complex navigation systems simulation when you do your aircraft ?To be honest when I fly the 747/747F I do not watch my airplane, but the cockpit, and a lot the FMC, cause it is the brain of the aircraft.So please, PMDG, please ! Is it possible for you and the interest of your customers who paid the price twice for the both airplane 747 and 747F for only one addon. May could you update with a patch your airplane (747) in order to have a 100% complete Boeing 747-400.Then we can say that it is better than PS1 ! Cause right now, it is not really more impressive than PS1. Sorry....

Nameless-First of all, I would respectfully ask that you sign your name, as per our forum rules.We are very happy that you love the PMDG 747-400 product family - we've worked VERY hard to attain the quality that you've noticed. Can I suggest that you haven't even scratched the surface? (There is lots of functionality that seems to be going unnoticed in your comparison of a mere two points of a very complex simulation add-on product).I am not going to start comparing our product with PS1 (or any other comparable products, for that matter) - they each serve a specific purpose and were designed with such in mind.I will however acknowledge the lack of a weather radar in our product, as has been explained many times before in our forum and in our Wiki database (have you seen it? http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki) that due to the lack of accurate and specific cloud / precipitation data within the MSFS SDK, it's impossible for us to produce a true-to-form weather radar.We do, however, have some plans in mind for an ACARS simulation, but I cannot say whether it'll be for the 747-400 upgrade, or for a later use in the 737NG-X family.Furthermore, and seeing that this is your first post, let me suggest that you go back and read a bit in our forum - there's been plenty of other discussions on these topics.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Winds are featured in the FMC route data section. The manual isn't quite right, as has been discussed. If you enter winds in the route data section of the legs page, you can see fuel estimates and ETAs changing.