Sign in to follow this  
Guest troytroy46

Flight plans

Guest troytroy46

I'am new to PMDG 747-400 and just about ready to cross the pond from heathrow to JFK but i don't see a flight plan for this route in the PMDG flightplan folder. Like i say i'am new to this, is there a place where i can find this route or update the folder any advice and help would be gratefull

Guest SAS449
http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Gives you a correct route based on the current AIRAC cycle, but if you fly for a VA, they might have special routes for the company over the pond.You will have to enter the FP manually into the FMC, when finished click "rte copy". You'll get a confirmation saying someting like "saved EGLLKFJK001", which is the name you enter into the FMC next time you want to use it. I don't know if there is somewhere you can pick up pre-made flightplans for the PMDG FMC.

You can try www.vatsim.net/ under "Pilot Resources" then under "NATS."Ken

Guest troytroy46

Thanks for the links but still have a problem i got a route for EGLL - KJFK as EGLL SID BUZAD UT420 WELIN T420 POL P18 GASKO UP18 ADN W5D SUM UM125 SIDER G11 MY G3 KEF 5E20 YR J564 PQI J55 ENE STAR KJFK but when i come to put in STAR in the FMC it says not in data base i have updatad all that is needed from navdata and flightpath any advise please

Hello - is it Troy?The items SID at the beginning of your flight plan and STAR at the end are only placeholders - you don't enter them as 'SID' and 'STAR'. SIDs are standard departure procedures and STARs are standard arrival procedures that are airport-specific. If you like, you can just leave these out of your flight plan. But if you want to 'do it right', do the following...Take a look at the charts for EGLL and you'll find one that shows SIDs that take you from the runway to your first waypoint BUZAD. This will be BUZAD2K for rwy 09L or BUZAD3J for 09R.However, if you're leaving from rwy 27, then your SID will be WOBUN2F for 27R or WOBUN2G for 27L. In this case, you first waypoint won't be BUZAD at all, but WOBUN.Similary, the charts for KJFK will include a STAR that will bring you from ENE to a holding point for KJFK. Then, to get from the holding point to the runway you'll need an IAP (Instrument Approach Procedure) - also among the KJFK charts.I've never done what you're attempting, so anyone with EGLL or KJFK experience please feel free to correct me.CheersGeoff

Geoffrey Kent