Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

Regarding purchase of the 747-400F

I recently purchased and installed the PMDG 747-400. Mine is the full retail package, bought from a local store here in Australia. I like the idea of having the disk as a hard copy but was unable to find the 400F in similar packaging in the product racks. So I guess my question is: Is the 400F available as a retail package or only as an online download?One of the other reasons I like the idea of the hard packaging is that I have installed and reinstalled (for different reasons) the Queen, 3 or 4 times and did not need to approach PMDG, cap in hand for any reactivation. Don't misunderstand me. I have no problem at all with you protecting your intellectual property. It is, unfortunately, the way things are. Even so, I'd still like to own the disk.Jon S.

G'day Jon, you are in a very similar situation to the one i was in. I too bought my 747 in a CD "hard" copy from a store here in Australia and i was also looking for the F version on a disk. I looked around the forum and am pretty sure that PMDG or their partners have not released a CD copy of the freighter. Whether they intend to, I don't know. I bit the bullet and bought the downlaod version from the PMDG website a week ago. It was hassle free and in my humble opinion well worth the money, even though monopoly money is worth more than the Aussie dollar lately! I also bought the option for Extended download service for another 4 bucks US. Probably worth it if you're gonna be reinstalling every now and then. In terms of going to PMDG for a redownload, i understand it to be a simple E mail to get up and running again, and from hanging on this forum, the PMDG guys are switched on and will be easy to deal with. Any way hope that helps, good to see another Aussie on the forum. Best RegardsPete YBUD

Pete,Thanks for the 'heads up' on the 400F. If it's a download, then, so be it. Yes the $A is'nt too flash but I just spent the last 7 weeks in the UK. That's when you really find out how woeful it is. 40p to the dollar, plus everything costs 3 times as much and me a pensioner. Thank God I was given the trip by my daughter who lives there (married a Scot). I'm looking forward to my next cheque so I can upgrade.Jon S.