Sign in to follow this  
strider

Navdata, sidstars...I'm lost.

I purchased, downloaded and installed the 737NG and the 737-800/900 yesterday.I've used Navdata before to update my FSNavigator but I'm getting confused on what I'm supposed to do for the 737? Following the instructions in the "FMC users manual", page 8-15, I have tried to locate the "767PIC/PMDG All-In-One installer" with no luck. I tried clicking on "AIRACS" and it brings me to a page called "Navigraph". When I tried to download the AIRAC for "PMDG products/ all" it said I need to register. As this is not following any of the instructions in the supplied "FMC users manual" I thought I should stop, before I really messed something up, and ask for help. I have read the thread here regarding "Navigraph" but everybody there seems to "have a clue" as to what's going on...whereas I'm completely in the dark :-hmmm :-newbie . If anyone can supply a simple explanation of what's going on and what I need to do to have the latest Airacs and SidStars available for my 737 FMC I would greatly appreciate it. Please understand that this is in no way a complaint...I'm new to PMDG aircraft (other than the simple B1900's I own), and am greatly looking forward to using my 737s. The term "Complex FS9 Aircraft" has just been redefined, at my house! Nothing I own comes anywhere near this level of immersion and system integration...and I haven't even turned on the batteries yet...I'm still reading the manuals! LOL! Thanks for any guidance. Vic (the annoying and lost PMDG newbie!)

Hokay...got it figured out (for now).I finally found the "last, free AIRAC cycle" and installed it. I'll have to read up more on getting future cycle updates at the Navigraph site. I imagine that the AIRAC and Sid/Stars in both FSNav and the PMDG 737 should match to avoid any flight planning "inconsistensies"?? Vic