Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcmonster99

FS9 crashes when using the 737 after having installed t...

Guest rcmonster99

Hi AllI hope you can help. I have recently installed the PMDG747 on my computer and all is well. However I cannot use the 737 anymore , once I filled the "create a new flight" menu, and press "fly now", the scenery bar starts to load then it freezes and I get the FS9 apologetic message that it has stopped and do I want to report the problem.Has anyone experienced this? All my other planes are fine.Thanks

Guest rcmonster99

More info. I tried re-installing the upgrade to the lates version but no progress. What would you advise me to do ?

Hello there ms/mr Nameless>What would you advise me to do ?0. Take a sec to read up on the forum guidelines. You need to sign your posts with your real name. Thank you.1. Check your eventlogs and other possible sources for information on the crashes you might have. Do a search on this and the general FS forums herre on AVSIM. There's a ton of information about FS crashes out there. Use the Advanced Search function built into the forum software to narrow down and speed up your searches.2. Use the removal program found on the PMDG website before reinstalling the NG. If you feel proficient enough in file handling you might check the FS folder for any leftover files (files with pmdg in their names for example) and remove by hand. 3. This add-on is old enough not to have any quirks on it's own. I would suggest you looking at your overall FS system for possible culprit combinations of add-ons/settings. a)Systematically reducing one add-on after another, restarting after each removal. b)Reset the FS settings to default. This is easy to do. Just rename/move your fs9.cfg and restart FS. Start adding your settings with restarting FS to see everything is working.4. If none of the above helps consider a reinstall of FS to get a fresh copy of FS to start working on. Too much tinkering can get any FS installation faulty. I usually get a fresh copy of FS every six months and I try to reinstall the complete OS once a year on completely formated disks.I hope this helps you getting up to speed with your issue,