Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beatle1967

Install of 737 800/900 results in CDU number key bug

Guest Beatle1967

I've spent all day uninstalling FS9 & PMDG 737 base and 800/900. I noticed that when I installed the 800/900 add-on a funny thing happened to the CDU for all PMDG 737s. The first row of numbers works correctly, however, if I hit '4' I see a '1' displayed, '5' results in a '2' etc. This occurs for the last row also: key '7' gives a '4', '8' a '5' etc.I'm a little frustrated, I was looking forward to programming the CDU today, but this problem has stopped me in my tracks.Thanks in advance!P.S. I should add that my 737 installs are up to date. I purchased and downloaded the base and 800/900 packages from PMDG in the last 48 hours.

Guest Beatle1967

...forgot to sign. Sorry!

Terence,It sounds like your using a non standard resolution on your monitor. The PMDG panels are designed for 4:3 aspects such as 1280X960 or 1024X768 and I suspect your running a 16 : 9 aspect instead. Correcting your FS9 display settings to a 4:3 aspect should make things work normally.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Beatle1967

>Terence,>>It sounds like your using a non standard resolution on your>monitor. The PMDG panels are designed for 4:3 aspects such as>1280X960 or 1024X768 and I suspect your running a 16 : 9>aspect instead. Correcting your FS9 display settings to a 4:3>aspect should make things work normally.>>Regards>Paul Gollnick :-cool >Technical Operations/Customer Operational Support>Precision Manuals Development Group>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgIndeed I am at 16 : 9 on a widescreen monitor. I was thinking of running the Matrox TripleheadtoGo system which would give me 3840 x 1024. Isn't there a way to make the panels resolution independent?Thanks for your response.

Guest pilotbrian0

You could always resize the panels manually... I wouldn't recommend it, but it is possible (Just, whatever you do, DON'T EDIT THE PANEL.CFG, Trust me, any edit breaks PMDG's panels, they are very carefully designed within FS's constraints which are significant)Of course, loading FS in a windowed mode and undocking the panels before going full screen MIGHT fix it (might being the operative word here, as they tend to not work right that way)-Brian

Guest Beatle1967

I resized the panel and found a working apsect ration. Thanks for the help.