Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Overspeed

Guest Alias

Hi everybody,I'm having some problem with the 744.The problem is this: no matter what I try but she goes always into a neverending overspeed when reaching cruise altitude. I have tried to change manually the speed on the FMC but nothing changes until I disconnect A/P and take manual control.I know it could be related to some problem of weather (I use AS6) but I don't think so. I have set everything possible to smooth unrealistic wind changes (I have registered copy of FSUIPC)and, frankly speaking all other add-ons seem not to suffer of this issue.My cruise altitude was a little below the OPT ALT; I have also read something through this forum but found nothing particularly helpful.Can you please give me any suggestions? Thanks a lot.Lorenzo

Guest ALT2024

Sorry if this is a silly suggestion but: did you arm your autothrottles? Also, what's the position of your joystick throttle control (if you have one) while the AP is flying?Rob

Guest Alias

Hi Rob,of course I arm the A/T, the pos of my joystick throttle is fully forward, but i don't think this is the problem. I did the same flight few minutes ago and had the opposite problem during cruise. I decided to descent a little bit and I found that was much better.Actually I think that this issue might be related to weather conditions (I have reset to default AS6) and also to find the optimum cruise altitude during the pre-flight, trying not to fly above it.Apart from that I'm out of ideas.Thank youLorenzo