Sign in to follow this  
Guest PUB802

A way to switch off PFD and ND? A frames rate issue

Guest PUB802

Hi,When using the VC during the cruising phase my computer can handle the sim "acceptable" in the range of 20-25 FPS which is smooth enough for me, but in the landing phase the FPS drops to the low ten, that is a pity as I am forced to use the 2D view if I want to do a good smooth manual landing.Thinking of more tweaks to improve frames rate I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the first officer PFD and ND and also the Primary EICAS display in the VC. My theory (maybe a nonsense) is that in that last moment when approaching the runway turning them off will free the processor from that extra mathematical calculations and use that extra power to improve the frames rate.Thanks for your commentsScott

Hi ScottI don't think it's the displays causing the problem, I think it's the FS scenary. I also have that problem whenever I'm on or near the ground. One thing that might help is switching the ND on both panels to Approach. That helps to minimize the amount of data being shown. Another option is to switch the ND display on the F/O panel to PFD and you'll have one less screen running in the cockpit. Other than that, I don't believe there is a way to shut off all F/O screens. Hope this help with your FPS.Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest A32X

Also how about if we could tune the display rate/FPS of each CRT individually, would that improve FPS?Cheers,Paul