Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

Frustrated...

Well I'm really not sure what I should do next to get my 747 running properly again. Some time ago I purchased the boxed version of 747 Queen of the skys and loaded it and ran it with no issues. Recently I purchased the Cargo version as a download . After installing it along with the sound patch, everything seemed to be ok. After flying for a few hours, I get this lockup where the sound seems to go in a loop and I have no option but to push the reset button on my pc. I've just recently reloaded my computer with everything fresh hoping this would solve this issue(as I was getting the same thing happening before the reinstall ), but to no avail. I followed the install instuctions as well for the proper installation order.All my drivers are current. The system is defraged regularly. Tempuratures are good (if I added anymore fans I think my pc may take off). I'm using FS auto start and have been for some time now without any problems. My video card is an invidia Geforce 7800GS,Processor intel 3.0ghz, 2.0 gig ram, 700 watt power supply.All my other add on planes are running fine, PSS, Level-d, Wilco, so I really can't figure this out. I'm starting to suspect it may be related to the sound patch so tonight I'm going to uninstall this patch and see what this does and possibly unistall all PMDG 737 and 747 and start from scatch with no patches. I've searched the forum and have come up with a few posts from early 2005 with the exact same problem but with no real solutions.Thanks for the help, Ron

Just an update my original post, here is a simalar post to my problem. He talks about it happening in the 737 though:#74317, "Frustrated as I'll ever get." It is pretty simple really, my computer locks up about an hour into any flight with only the pmdg 737, any model. I can fly for hours in anything else with no problems, but why would I want to? Every time I'll be at cruising alt or almost there and wham, lock up. I've tried everything I know of, Burn in test for hardware, drivers, uninstall PMDG, reinstall, uninstall again, reinstall again. Its odd and I'm sure no one will no whats wrong as there are no real obvious signs of why it is failing, any ideas would be helpful. My computer never locks up, it just started this after I reinstalled FS9.1 and put the new patch on it. It doesn't lock up with any other application either, no matter how long I run them. Weird.

Seems like you have a corupted file. You may have to try to isolate the problem by loading only parts at a time. Try the PMDG 747 and then the freighter. See if these perform OK. Try re downloading the sound update. Ensure all files are deleted when you clear out the PMDG files when uninstalling.It is possible a sound file got corrupted during the download process.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thanks Steve. I will try this. Do you think I should uninstall my 737 as well? or just the 747?Thanks again, Ron

Hi Paul,I really appreciate you taking the time to feed me some solutions to my problems. You hit the nail on the head...I was ready to through in the towel and forget about flight simming altogether as it seemed I was spending more time on the forums than flying.I do have a diskeeper 2007 pro for my defrag program which works amazingly to keep my system running effeciantly. I also have a program called PC Doctor which helps clean up bad or dead registry entries and works well. I suppose I should have tried running this utility first to see if it would help but was a bit nervous as I suspected that it may have been resposible for removing some reg. entries that were needed one other time. It was partially my fault for not really examining what it was removing.Anyway, I think I'm starting to get somewhere now. I'm going to install just the 747 Queen of the skies first without any updates and see if the system remains stable. If all goes well, I will start adding updates one at a time as Steve suggested to see if it is one of these that is affecting the sim.I will definetly check out Uniblues reg cleaner and compare it to what I have.Thanks again, Ron

Ok,I've made some progress. This is what I did in the proper sequence. I re-flashed the bios with the latest bios for my motherboard and downloaded and installed all the latest drivers for the motherboard as well. I then unistalled the video driver in the add remove programs and rebooted into safe mode and ran driver cleaner pro 3 TIMES!! to remove all traces of the old driver. I then did a normal boot back into windows and reinstalled the latest nvidia driver. I then ran pc doc to clean up any bad registry entries. Next I renamed my FS9 config file to .bak and started FS9. The sim will make a new config file so you will have to go back and reset your settings. It run's like a charm now.So it had nothing to do with PMDG or any addon that I had installed. I just had the base sim installed with the PMDG 747...nothing else to eliminate all other possibilities of conflict.Also make sure each time you test fly you use the same peramiters and route each time to get an accurate bench mark. I manually input the route into the fmc, again to eliminate any conflicts.I hope this may help out others who suddenly start getting conflict or the sim stops working properly.Cheers, Ron

Glad you found a solution Ron. I have had some success using Win XP's system restore if all else fails...very useful.

Cheers

Steve Hall