Sign in to follow this  
Guest JStar

IRS, MAP, POSITION PROBLEMS????

Guest JStar

HEY ALL, CAN SOME ONE HELP PLEASE.I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE, BUT RECENTLY WHEN SETTING UP FMC THE NAVAIDS AND AIRPORTS ARE NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.EXAMPLE:IF I PUT IN A FIX DIRECTY OFF THE END OF THE RUNWAY THE MAP SHOWS A TRK OF AT LEAST 10 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT.ALSO IF I JUST FOLLOW THE PATH FROM ONE AIRPORT TO ANOTHER IT DOES'NT FOLLOW THE EXACT PATH(KIND OF LIKE IT'S YAWING THE WHOLE WAY) WHEN I GET TO THE DESTINATION IT ALSO IS WAY OFF.IF I FOLLOWED THE PATH I WOULD MISS THE RUNWAY BY AT LEAST 1 MILE????? THE ONLY THING I'VE DONE IS UPDATE THE AIRAC?THE 747 AND 737-600/700/800/900 ALL DO THE SAME. IS IT THE AIRAC????

First take a look at the forum rules. You need to sign your posts.The forum advanced search function will provide a lot of information concerning this issue. Short answer, restore or download/restore the 0608 set of AIRAC and SID/STAR files.

Guest dt1951

Hi JStar. Two things first. As per forum guidelines please sign your name to your posts. And second, please turn off the Caps Lock key. No need to shout here.Hmmm. I know there have been a few issues with the latest AIRACS and some U.S. airports. A search will help you find a fix for that issue. At least you have a consistent problem across product lines. If you are putting a fix directly off the end of the runway, when are you activating LNAV? If you activate after takeoff you might already be beyond your first fix and the FMC is trying to do its best to get you back on course. Are you programming an RNAV approach into your destination? How are you inputting your waypoints?

Guest JStar

Sorry new to all this.Page won't display for forum rules hopfully all i'm required to do is mention my name at the end?(let me know) In regards to waypoint at end of runway it is approx 15 mile out exact runway heading so you can tell as soon as you input and trk shows on map that it is incorrect. Arrivals are star's which look correct on the map however when you get to the airport it is'nt where the map says it sould be. I'm not sure on the airac situation because I updated PSS from same source and it seems to be working fine.I may just dump and reinstall the lot and see how I go. Thanks for you're help fellas. Mick Douglass

Guest dt1951

Mick, hope that works for you. I haven't encountered that issue before. I know that some airports (like KORD) had been left out of the AIRAC cycles before.