Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond

Guest Raymond

Well, I shall try again. First of all I do not have a 747 manual, and I HAVE checked the forum. 1. I would deeply appreciate someone advising me of where NAV 1 and 2 radios are located on the new 747. 2. On the British Airways livery I cannot taxi the plane as it refuses to recognize the rudder pedals. Other liveries work fine. 3. I cannot get ATC to use Speed bird as its call sign. I have gone to the 747 config file and used every variation of speed bird...SPEEDBIRD SPEED BIRD etc.

The manual was loaded in the PMDG directory in FS9. If you can't find it, try the PMDG's web site:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra..._MANUAL_V10.zipI would also recommend going to the PMDG site and obtaining the type rating courses. They are a great resource for learning the 744.The radios are in the FMC page, press the button on the FMC marked "NAV RAD". This issue has been mentioned in the forum previously. I did a search using the advanced search function and found the following result:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchSorry can't help with the taxi problem although if the other liveries are working (for the 744) sounds like something didn't install correctly with the BA livery.

Guest Raymond

George, thank you very much. I downloaded the manual and will soon be printing same and much studying ahead. I am quite familiar with the FMC on another companies plane. When I attempt to program the FMC in the PMDG planes I have the same problem. When programming EGLL to LFPG Heathrow to Charles de Galle, I put the following legs MAY TO DPE TO CGN. Then switch to DEP/ARV and insert 9R as the Departure and 9L as the arrival. By doing so I am asked for the mileage which I put in as 20. This creates RX09L 20 miles from CGN. It also creates RW09L following RX09L and also creates the disco between CGN and RX09L and one between RX09L and RW09L. I can remove the first by inserting RXo9L in the boxes between CGN and RX09L. But I cannot seem to remove the disco between RX09L and RW09L. Hmmmmmm. On the other FMC one uses the same technique to remove the latter as the former. If you have time I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thanks again. I assume one can insert the ILS frequency and its direction manually without completely installing the flight in FMS.

Question: Why would you select the visual approach to 9L when it sounds like you would like to fly the ILS approach. If you select the ILS approach then the FMC will take care of the waypoints and auto-tune the ILS freq for you.I realize that you have experience with another FMC but please understand that each specific manufacturer, aircraft and airline may have very different functionality and options for their FMC. Just because you have learned one aircraft's FMC doesn't mean you will be able to apply anything other then general knowledge to a different aircraft. In PMDG's case, the 744 FMC is highly functional and therefore very complex. Again I would suggest you go through the type rating course. It will answer a lot of your questions as well as teach you appropriate procedures for using the aircraft's systems properly. FYI: This is one of the reasons why in the real world you need a "Type Rating" before you can fly large transport aircraft. So as PMDG's products more closely model real world systems the more "training" an FS user will need to operate the model correctly. We all need to be careful what we wish for when we ask for "as real as it gets" :-)