Sign in to follow this  

PA A320 and Simubuild A340 problem...

With both of these great aircrafts I have a problem. When I apply full throttle to them, the fan blades in the engine stop spinning.When they are sitting at idle they start to spin.Is this a bug or am I doing somthing wrong?

If you've ever seen the engines fan blades on a real flight they appear as if they aren't moving AT ALL, thats why (i think) the fan blades "appear" to stop spinning when you apply full power.....but i'm not positive!

Hello,and thanks for your reply but I work for NWA and I have seen plenty of jets coming into the gates at msp and the nose cones should look like they are spinning.On the Simubuild A340 the blades are at a total standstill when I apply full throttle and on the PA A320 the nose cones dont spin at all.

Thank you for the answer. I was also told that it was a limitation of Gmax models because I have never had this problem before with any other aircraft in FS2002.If you look at the Posky 747's their engine fan blades are spinning very nicely all of the time. They spin slower at idle and faster at full speed like they are supposed to.

I think what they used to do in pre Gmax planes was to make a bitmap which had a blurred spinning fan loook and once the engines had started up....it would replace what was there and then look ok, abit like the way the POSKY planes engines worked I guess.I have noticed that the Project AI planes which are gmax have quite realistic looking fans, they might be bitmaps also.I think the simubuild engine is so realistic with the fans and things like that.Craig Kiltie

I was saying during flight...how often do you see a NWA a/c coming into a gate at full throttle??? I'm just saying at full throttle DURING FLIGHT, the blades tend to seem at standstill because they spin SO FAST! But...thats what i've seen, I mean i fly A LOT and in first class alot where you get the best view of an engine and its fan blades and thats what it always looks like to me.....to me the simubuild A346 fan blades look very nice and very realistic!