Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

--20FEB07 UPDATE -- PMDG GoFlight MCPPro/EFIS driver

Captains-to update on what I wrote below:It's now 20Feb07 and we still have received no reply from GoFlight on the EFIS module issue. As such, we see no other solution but to release the existing driver for sale in its current condition, since the MCP Pro portion of it works at least as well as it should be expected.The current issue is with the EFIS module - we feel it's going to require a firmware upgrade on the module itself, something PMDG cannot control. As such, even though we include support for the module, we do not claim 100% compatibility with it.We would like to believe GoFlight is actively working to fix the problem, so if/when we hear about it from them, we'll let everyone know as well.Regards!Lefteris KalamarasPMDGHello-I wanted to write a small note for those of you kindly waiting on our release of the GoFlight MCPPro and EFIS module drivers that will allow direct compatibility with our 737NG and 747-400 series for FS2004.The work has been completed, however we're still waiting on a resolution of a somewhat serious problem found with the EFIS module. I have reported this issue to GoFlight on 23JAN07, but it seems that things are busier than normal over there, hence the delay.We did receive an email last Friday from Doyle Nickless who promised to look into this matter, thinking it would be a firmware issue with the EFIS module. Doyle suggested he would have sent a reply with a possible solution by last weekend, but I am sure the delay is due to his usual professional attitude in making things work 100% and testing completely before sending the update out to us.Soooo... just hang on a little bit longer - once we receive a resolution we'll run a last test batch on our end and release right after that.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest robfather

Many thanks for the update. I really appreciate the service that you guys provide, especially compared to Go Flight. I have been having problems with their MCP Pro and the Level D 767 and they keep telling me it's Level D's problem yet they have a selection in their config file for Level D. When selected and then an attempt is made to use the MCP Pro it freezes up the Level D completely. So I'm glad that the 737 interface is being developed by PMDG - I expect it will be very comprehensive and reliable.Rob