Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

VC Flickering like static electricity!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi allJust aquired the 737/800/900 by PMDG, to fly on my new 19" tftmonitor!Everything is great except that when i go into certain view angles in the VC it flickers like static electricity hitting the screen? (this also happened on my old 15" tft with various aircraft, but back then I thought it was the minitor?)Any cluesThanks!Ian

You're right, probably not the monitor but how about your display settings? I've not had this problem, but I'd play with the various filter and aliasing settings used by 3D graphics. My preference is to not let the application tell my video card how to do its job, but this to is something I would play with if I had too. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest jgreth123

Ian, Do you happen to use DXT3 clouds? Either way, check your display settings and check for the option ( hardware tab ) Render to Texture. This enables the use of DXT3 textures. If you aren't using them for your clouds, then you can disable this option. I've found that enabling that option makes the VC panel flicker off every second or so. It stops for a few minutes then starts again. Is this what you're seeing? If you ARE, in fact, using DXT3 clouds then I highly recommend going back to 32-bit clouds ( just lower the resolution from 512x512 to 256x256 ( or even 128x128 for better performance, but slight quality loss ). I hope this helps.