Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Simubuild A-340-600 - Two issues! Any ideas?

Hello Gang!We need to bow to Simbuild! These folks have created a magnificent aircraft - one of the best freeware addons yet created for FS2002. I love POSKY and their magnificent work but these guys are gonna give a serious run for their money with their A-340's. There are however, two minor observations I have made with the Simubuild A340 and wonder if anyone has noticed it and if there is a fix for these:1. The elevators sometimes look like an F-14 Tomcat is getting ready to catapult out of a carrier. They do not look realistic at all when a lot of trim is applied either up or down. Any way of fixing this and perhaps enterig some motion limits for the trim?2. I know that the 340-600 series is a pretty big and heavy aircraft, but from talking to 2 A-340 pilots, they do point out that the aircraft, in spite of it's weight, is pretty maneuverable. Turning the Simubuild A-340 can be a challenge; maybe they can tweak the flight model a bit to allow a bit more maneuverability during turns - maybe sensitivity or something!Other than these two observations, this airplane is beautiful and I honestly thank Simubuild for this awesome contribution to our hobby.Any input is appreciatedSincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

i found it to be almost impossible to taxi etc at first aswell, but once u read the manual and do what they write there, its a dream to fly :)and the trim is realistic, it has a 25/-15

Hello CSMZ! Thanks for your feedback!I should have been more specific. I have no trouble taxiing the aircraft, actually, the ground handling is very good. I am talking about turning in the air. The way it is right now, you have to initiate turns very early or you are pretty much hosed! Maybe this is the way it is supposed to be, but I find it very unusual. I understand about the elevator trim in the A-340, but I actually had a chance to show a good friend of mine, who is a chief maintenance guy for FEDEX, the A340-600 from Simubuild with full trim and he pointed out that even though the A-340-600 has a pretty wide trim travel, it should not look the way it does. I'm serious - trim it all up or down all the way and you'll see what I mean.By the way, this message is not meant as negative criticism to Simubuild - I'm just trying to understand these two issues and whether they are valid or not.Thanks again!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.