Sign in to follow this  
saltypete

747F Fuel won't load

Hi all, i am getting really depressed about using the queen these days , after 400 trouble free hours it now seems that every time i load the aircraft something goes wrong. I can only assume it's my setup or error as a search of the forum yields no similar problems. Today i loaded up the 747F for a flight from OMDB to EGCC i calculated i needed about 102000kgs of fuel. My weights are as follows: ZFW:280642kgs Fuel:102387kgs GW:383840kgs. I ran the load manager and when i loaded the aircraft i opened the PMDG options tab and set the fuel load to the required amount. But as soon as i set the fuel load it changes to 164000kgs. I observed the fuel synoptic in the lower EICAS change in a couple of seconds. No matter how many times i click on the fuel window it always goes back to 164000kgs which is more fuel than the load manager says i can hold at the weight i'm at. This has never happened before. I hope someone can help i really don't want to retire this great aircraft just yet, but if it won't let me set the fuel properly what else can i do?RegrardsPete Carlsen

Problem solved!!! although i don't know why this happened i found resetting the flight entirely eg: running the load manager again and starting from scratch solved this mysterious problem. Annoying, but i guess the tradeoff for running such realistic add ons is that from time to time little problems happen. Its worth it when one considers the alternative of going back to the default 747. My love affair with this aircraft is rekindled!!! Happy landingsCheersPete Carlsen

Glad to hear it Pete, and you get extra marks for solving your own problem with a bit of intelligent thinking instead of just 'throwing you toys out of the cot' :-)Happy flying mate.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg