Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totti10

Big FPS oscillation in PMDG737 2D cockpit

Guest Totti10

When I fly PMDG737 I see big FPS oscillations in 2D cockpit during flight (from 14 to 28 FPS , locked on 28). In spot view everything is OK - FPS are steady around 26-28. Is it normal?My specs:P4 2.8 GHz1GB RAMATI RADEON 9600 (256MB)

Martin, there is a great paranoia in the FS world about Frames Per Second.Yes, we all have a great tendency to hit twice Shift+Z and see how many we are getting...I don't remember now the minimum FPS for the human eye to perceive images as a continuous movement, but my experience is that even 7 FPS give a good movement sensation.So, my opinion is that we all should start to give FPS the relative importance they have!Ufff, I needed to say it.Regards. Jose Luis.

Guest airbus2

Acceptable frame rates are 20-30fps, after 25fps the human eye usually sees images as continuous movement. Your fps seem relativly ok, have you looked at the frame rate tool (i think thats what it is called) in the pmdg menu?Dave

Guest Totti10

Frame rate tool? ... you mean option to set frame rate of gauges in the cockpit? If yes - I have all sliders to minimum.

Guest Totti10

Yeah I know, but... I was flying on my route I saw, that my FS is flickering in the cockpit and the game is not smooth at all. When I set the spot view, everything seemed to be ok. And after this I turn on the frames and saw what is going on...