Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nikke72

Problems with flight instrument displays

Guest Nikke72

Hi,I just bought a PMDG 737 Next Generation with 800/900 add on and I am running it on FS9. Some problems with flight instrument displays. Every now and then they seem to freeze i.e. the information in screens is not updated. I can update the display by closing the view (as an example when using standard 2D view by SHIFT +1)and then when I open the view again the information is updated. I have not yet been able to identify what causes the displays to freeze. I am using Squawk box so could that cause it?How ever this is quite irritating when I cannot trust the information I see on display without either firts changing to another view or by closing and re-opening the view...Any idea what could cause this and how to fix this?Other issue is related to squawk box. The squawk box chat window and squawk box control window seems to erase the screen beneath these windows i.e. everything down from the upper part of the SB window is black. In order to be able to fly I need to keep SB windows at the bottom of the screen and minimize them when ever they are not used. Re-installed SB yesterday to see if it helps, obviously since I am writing this message it didn't.Niklas

>Hi,>>I just bought a PMDG 737 Next Generation with 800/900 add on>and I am running it on FS9. Some problems with flight>instrument displays. >>Every now and then they seem to freeze i.e. the information in>screens is not updated. I can update the display by closing>the view (as an example when using standard 2D view by SHIFT>+1)and then when I open the view again the information is>updated. >>I have not yet been able to identify what causes the displays>to freeze. I am using Squawk box so could that cause it?>>How ever this is quite irritating when I cannot trust the>information I see on display without either firts changing to>another view or by closing and re-opening the view...>>Any idea what could cause this and how to fix this?>>Other issue is related to squawk box. The squawk box chat>window and squawk box control window seems to erase the screen>beneath these windows i.e. everything down from the upper part>of the SB window is black. In order to be able to fly I need>to keep SB windows at the bottom of the screen and minimize>them when ever they are not used. Re-installed SB yesterday to>see if it helps, obviously since I am writing this message it>didn't.>>NiklasAre you running multiple monitors? I did a search in this forum, and found four threads from back before the 800/900 came out. There were no difinitive answers as to the cause, except that perhaps multiple monitors were being used. Other than that, I can't find any other notes about it.- John

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

- John Drago

Guest Nikke72

Hi,Multiple monitors cannot be the reason since I have only one monitor connected to this system.Niklas