Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

PMDG Please Just Looking For A Straight Answer (Frustra...

Guest machammer

Below is my original post on this subject. As indicated in the Subject I have reached a point of frustration. That's why I'm looking for a straight Yes or No answer.This process outlined below DID Work for several flights. I have them to prove it. What could of happened to stop it from working? Being able to save the FMC information when I save a flight is very important. That is why I am still looking for an answer. But if it doesn't work please tell me and I can move on. I can deal with that. But, if it never worked I could drop it.Please see below and other post on this for additional information.Thanks in advance to all who reply.BillI created a flight from KORD to LSGG. After loading it into FS2004. I programmed the FMC by loading the flight plan into CO Plan. Went through the rest of the steps, weight flaps FL etc. All looked good. I then saved the flight to fly later. Exited FS2004 and reloaded the flight. I was suprised to see that the leg information and some other information was gone. The reference to the departure and destination were still there. Without lising what information was gone and what information was still there. My question is should I expect the FMC information to be retained when you save a flight. I checked another flight that I had saved a few months ago and the FMC information was still there. I have been away from the 747-400 for awhile. What am I forgetting to do.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Below is my original post on this subject. As indicated in>the Subject I have reached a point of frustration. That's why>I'm looking for a straight Yes or No answer.>>This process outlined below DID Work for several flights. I>have them to prove it. What could of happened to stop it from>working? Being able to save the FMC information when I save a>flight is very important. That is why I am still looking for>an answer. But if it doesn't work please tell me and I can>move on. I can deal with that. But, if it never worked I could>drop it.>>Please see below and other post on this for additional>information.>>Thanks in advance to all who reply.>>Bill>>>I created a flight from KORD to LSGG. After loading it into>FS2004. I programmed the FMC by loading the flight plan into>CO Plan. Went through the rest of the steps, weight flaps FL>etc. All looked good. I then saved the flight to fly later.>Exited FS2004 and reloaded the flight. I was suprised to see>that the leg information and some other information was gone.>The reference to the departure and destination were still>there. Without lising what information was gone and what>information was still there. My question is should I expect>the FMC information to be retained when you save a flight. I>checked another flight that I had saved a few months ago and>the FMC information was still there. I have been away from the>747-400 for awhile. What am I forgetting to do.>>I have created flights (example KLAX to KBOS), the decided in midflight to land at KFDW. After entering the info into the FMC I simply went to the RTE button and saved the flight using "Rte copy"."KLAXKDFW001 saved".When I launched fs9/PMDG and went to flight planner/load i see KLAXKBOS AND KLAXKDFW, both plans are in there. BUT, BUT, if I want the KLAXKDFW I have to type KALXKDFW001 into the Co. rte. Fs9 doesn't list the 001 part of the flight plan.Any time you make changes AFTER you place a FP in co rte.,you need to re-save it, thus, the the 001 extension. If you change it again mid flight it becomes 002.Don't save flight for the FMC using fs9 File/Save Flight Menu. It will not save FMC info.

Bill,The FMC should be saving the information when you save the flight through the normal FS Save Flight command, yes. I've never seen the problem you're describing.Could you send me the flightplan you're loading? rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.comThanks,

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com