Sign in to follow this  

SimuBuild A340 Series Discussion

Hey Guys,So far, the support from the flight simulation community has been phenominal. So far, we have passed 17GB of data transfer for the Airbus 340-600 alone, so I trust that you all are enjoying it, and I hope that it was worth the wait, while we developed and refined the aircraft.Now on to my point. With happiness, comes dissapointment I guess, as some have privatley (and publicly in some places), bashed our aircraft. Now, personally, I have no problem whatsoever with comments and constructive critisism, it only helps me to do better with everything that I make, and I am sure the team feels the same way. It is more than fair to critique, and make fair suggestions about the model, as we are not perfect, and will never claim to be, ever. This is all a learning proces and we learn more every day.There are a few people, who keep contacting us, warning us that the FlightCraft A340 will be better than ours. Let me make this crystal clear. I am NOT in this to compete, I will never be at anytime. I strive to do my best, and the entire team does the same. It is your personal preference as to whether you fly theres or ours, and whichever you fly, all I ask is that you be satisfied, and happy, as we are both trying to provide quality aircraft for free.We are NOT in ANY form of competition. If the general public prefers Flight Craft, so be it, I have no problem with it, whatsoever, I support the flight simulation community, and I like to see everyone happy, so whichever model you are happiest with, by all means, fly and enjoy :-). But please, DO NOT start a competition, putting us against them, attacking us and warning us to beware. We have no interest in such, and will soon stop responding to that.About the Flight Dynamics, every day, I refine a new area of the Flight Dynamics file. As you know, the Airbus 340-600/500 aircraft are hardly in commercial service, and it has been a struggle to get technical information regarding such. The technical information that we had came, in some instances, directly from Airbus data that was collected for us by our Airbus A340-600 Recource Engineer.What oes all this mean? Well, not much at all. I am not claming the Flight Dynamics to be perfect, as I know it is not, but every time I make Flight Dynamics, I try my best, and I work harder at it every time. So I ask you, only to appreciate it. Constructive Critisism is always welcomed, as I would love to add realism every time. But please, attacks are unfair, and not nessacary. I have tried, and what you see and fly before you is my best at that current time. As time progresses, there will be updates, as more information becomes available.I thank you all for reading this, and again, thank you for your support and good wishes.Al Lynch Jr. - Member FSWorldonline.comhttp://www.fsworldonline.com/~imgsrv/MySignature1.jpg

Hi AlI cannot believe that some people see Simubuild and FlightCraft in competition. If they think that the FlightCraft will be better then they must download that one. No-one is stopping them frrom deleting the SimUbuild one. It's not like they pay for it. I will download the FlightCraft one and I will probably keep both because like any plane they will each have some advantages over the other. SheesH! I cannot believe these people taht bash people like you who have a habby and do wonderful things for the community. It amazes me how much some people think! :-rollI am very thankful for what you guys have done and I am very thankful for what FlightCraft is doing. Take care Al and don't let those e-mails get to you. Mike

As far as I'm concerned, Simubuild scores 110 percent.... I'm still in awe of the virtual cabin, and also amazed by the response times on your servers.... I DL'd the A340 package on a 28.8 dial-up connection Saturday, and had great response times.As for flight dynamics, I remember a commercial from a bay area radio station (KMEL) in the 70's--"If you don't like the news, go out and make some of your own". It's about time people bashing your airfiles and other freeware designers learn how to make edits themselves. 90 pct. of the work can be done by tweaking an aircraft.cfg... Given a crowd of people, there will always be differences between the "feel" one expects from an aircraft. Moreover, even different joysticks introduce changes in aircraft "feel". Fuel burn, stall, cruise speeds, etc... can all be easily changed. It isn't rocket science, and it's time for the perfectionists to stop expecting freeware A/C designers to dot every "I" and cross every "T".The real artistry behind your work and others is the sculpting of an aircraft... I can't wait for the MU2! Simubuild has also shown it listens to the community...many freeware authors have ignored the type of virtual cabins and control surface views included with your aircraft. I can't wait to see an A320 from your team, and while you're at it, I hope you do the Eclipse jet!Great work, and I believe I speak for most of us when I say that!-John

Hey Al,It

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just to tell you that you do great work, There's enough in your 346 to keep me flying months and months. And it was 100*times worth the wait. BTW It's the first time i get so much room for my legs in an Airbus :D :D Flightsim community is just like every other human society, Nice people and less nice people... Just ignore the last category.

Guest CharlesH

Hi Al:I am very saddened to hear that there are some people are knocking yoru great aircraft. I for one really appreciate you and your team efforts in making such wonderful planes. I admire your dedication and skill. You can be very proud of your work. Ignore those who wish to knock it, don't give them the time of day, they don't deserve it. Charles Huckelbery

Thank you all for your support, as much as I would like to say that such things ends, it continues. A member from another group, contacted one of the paitners, and accused him of stealing textures from there group, which is totally false :-(. We are trying really hard, but it seems that some are violently against us in an anti-SimuBuild campain.We have done nothing but try to provide quality aircraft, and all we ask for is respect. Thanks again guys :-).Al Lynch Jr. - Member FSWorldonline.comhttp://www.fsworldonline.com/~imgsrv/MySignature1.jpg

Guest CharlesH

Hi Al:Its too bad that this is happening to you and members of your group. You might want to contact AVSIM and maybe they can help you sort this mess out. Anyway, thanks for all you and your teams effots.Charles Huckelbery

You guys made an excellent quality aircraft, that now that I have it, I don't know what I'd do without it!Don't let some people threaten Simubuild with false claims, Just ignore 'em. I have also seen "anti-Simubuild" comments in this & other forums, but these people generally try to stir up some anger wherever they go. Pay no attention to them. :)

Hey Al, I just want to say congrats on such a marvellous aircraft. I'm still in awe at the flexing wings and the incredible virtual cabin! Sorry to hear that you've had negative comments elsewhere, because this aircraft is truly amazing.

SImuBuild planes are a lot higher quality then many payware ones so off course the companies would like to see you stopped. If you provide better quality then payware then no-one will buy. The ones who say that you stole textures, ask them for proof! :-rollI have great respect for you and the team so just keep doing what you guys do best.Take careMike

Guest Dominik Mann

Hey Al,allow me to get straight to the points:"You guys ROCK!!!!"and"Those who bash you S*CK!!!!"Sadly, egoism, envy and outright jealousy seem to be on the rise once again, wherever you look :-( ...not just in the field of PC games. Don't let those whiners EVER get you! Me, I wish I'd be as talented as you and your team, but my skills are hardly adequate even for the simplest attempts at reskinning :-( ... I also wish it'd be as easy if we could just tell those complainers to stuff it, delete whatever add-on (doesn't need to be one of your planes specifically) they don't like, and use whichever they prefer. Needless to say, things are, unfortunately, not that easy, as you can see not only on these message boards. Therefore I repeat: Don't listen to those envious complainers and their unconstructive shouting - just stay as you are :D ! Your response to user input and "customer care" are among the very best I've ever seen, and if someone cannot appreciate this, you should just turn deaf on him or her.Well, off to flyin' (now in the 346 version 2 :-jumpy ) !

Dear SimubuildI was wondering where to post my compliments and when I discovered this thread I thought it would be perfect. I downloaded all the downloads from your website yesterday and played around with it last evening. I simply had too after seeing all the great screenshots posted right here on Avsim. For a start, your FREEWARE!!!! package is amazing in quality and representation. The installation is a joy and I think you have spoiled us with Payware quality. I simply cannot wait for the rest of it. All the other 600 liveries as well as the 500. And to think I am actually a big Boeing fan.Yet again, your aircraft is amazing and I hope you will continue to provide such excellent add-ons for FS.Thank you!!!RegardsGian

i just luv your A340! It might have overtaken the POSKY 777 as my favorite simming plane :-hah To tell you guys the truth, I think your model is better than FlightCraft's. FlightCrafts' look out of porportion... ;) But I will still download it...why not? Its FREEWARE! :(http://212.212.159.238/svedude/imagesP/sqcoasig.jpg