Sign in to follow this  

Beech Baron 58 Problem

Hi again,I'm reading your discussion among professionals with great interest. I would be glad, if one of you can answer the following additional questions:1) What are common climb and descend rates for the Baron 58?2) What are correct trim settings for climbing and descending? It seems to me, the Baron autopilot can't adjust the trim settings if they are too far away from the correct settings. So it can't maintain a constant climb rate and the AC goes up and down allmost uncontrollable. Thanks again and kind regards, Thomas.

Guest Pieter

Seeing that we are stuck with the problems of a simulator that does not give its all ;-), browse the MS website's Baron tutorial for starters, they recommend:1. "Set full power (maximum manifold pressure and 2700 RPM)... (i.e., +10 degrees pitch attitude). In this configuration, the Baron will fly at about 140 knots and climb at about 1500 feet minute (fpm). It's basic physics, and it works every time.":http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/fs02Lessonsbaronbasics.asp2. Trim is constantly maintained to (try and) achieve your aimed rates.Check this small link as well:http://www.ivao.org/db/aircraft/Aircraft.asp?Id=BE58Others will chip in with additional information, I know... ;-)Pieter