Sign in to follow this  
Guest littlec

Elevator Trim on 737 AND 747

Guest littlec

Hi there everyone. I have been experiencing a very annoying glitch for the last like 2 years with the 737 and 747 PMDG aircraft. I use the Saitek x45 joystick/throttle. The throttle has a trim knob and it works fine on every aircraft. With the PMDG 737 and 747 the trim is unchangable. By this I mean that when I rotate the knob, the trim will move but about half a second later it resets back to 0. So its impossible to keep the trim in one place. Does anybody else have this problem. How can I fix this?

Guest littlec

Anything?

Guest littlec

Bump

Guest littlec

Yes it is a joystick axes. It works fine on every single other airplane. But after years of multiple formats and hardware upgrades, it still acts the same way with this joystick. Another thing weird about this joystick in particular is that there is another knob/axis on the throttle and in Flightsim 2004 it doesnt work at all.Anyway sorry for the "Nameless".Thanks for any help.Brandon

Guest Henning

This trim behaviour is by design.I asked the same question a couple of years ago and was told PMDG had chosen to override the normal FS9 trim behaviour as they found it unrealistic. As I recall it it had something to do with FS9's acceleration of key presses when you press and hold a key.Unfortunately this means the trim wont work if you assign it to a joystick axis.Henning Larsen