Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Electrical AC Bus 2 Failure

Guest A32X

Hello,I've just simulated an AC Bus 2 failure in the 747. I notice the 'AILERON LOCKOUT' message but ailerons continue to function normally. Also I think a few EICAS messages are missing such as;YAW DAMPR LWRRUD RATIO SNGLTRANSPONDER RBODY GEAR STRGIRS AC RIGHTHYD PRESS DEM 2ELEC UTIL BUS LAlso there were no STAT page messages such as RUDDER RATIO, CABIN ALT AUTO B, DME/ADF/VOR R or STALL WARN SYTM...Will the 747-400X have new system functionality? Looking forward to your post on pricing and new features!Paul

Hi Paul-you'll notice that some of these are already simulated but you have your electrical systems mixed up - for example, YAW DAMPER LWR and HYD PRESS DEM are DC Bus 2 failures, not AC Bus 2 (according to my manuals anyway - I am not a certified 747-400 anything ;-)).Also, by looking at my notes, the IRS AC messages are simulated already too, depending on various conditions tripping.We don't have STATUS messages simulated as it was deemed that the effort required makes no improvement in "active simulation" other than making sure the checklists are followed, so we elected to go for those items that you use to fly with too! :-)We have a myriad of improvements on the 747-400X, most notably those that a sim user wouldn't notice, since arguably we have one of the most complete simulation products around ;-). We tended to focus most on performance issues (my time has been spent almost non-stop on making sure the performance impact between FS9 and FSX is minimal, as compared to other addon products). For example, we are now almost 100% FSUIPC-free and using SimConnect - I have nothing against FSUIPC - quite the opposite to be honest, but removing a layer of constant polling we found helps the performance of our simulated product.You'll also notice several improvements in the UI section of things with dialogs now having a nice FSX look and feel to them.We've also listened to some of your requests (those that could be implemented in the window of time that was alloted to NOT trying to figure out "what the $#$%^& FSX is doing different NOW) and implemented those... Not all, so those who entertain themselves this way, will surely find items to speak of like: "but you had all this time and XXXX isn't fixed YET!"All the above does not include the amazing work put together by Vin, Marc and Pete on the artistic side of things - the VC, external model and paints have received a huge overhaul and you WILL be able to tell! (of course, I've been reading on other forums what a bunch of amateur hacks we all are, so don't expect much there ;-) ;-)).I am hoping there will be a list of "we did this" coming soon but don't hold me to it - I've been known to underpromise and overdeliver - or was it the other way around? :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>We've also listened to some of your requests (those that could>be implemented in the window of time that was alloted to NOT>trying to figure out "what the $#$%^& FSX is doing different>NOW) and implemented those... Not all, so those who entertain>themselves this way, will surely find items to speak of like:>"but you had all this time and XXXX isn't fixed YET!"By the way - let me put one in first before all of "dem peoples" do:No WX Radar so far... until ACES can help us clarify further on it and it is deemed that the work is realistic enough.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg