Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyer_boy

PMDG 1900C/D

Guest flyer_boy

Hi, after I read a little about the 1900C/D Packages, I discovered that they are PMDG's way of making more simple, less expensive aircraft for more casual simmers. Do you think PMDG will ever make another version of the 1900 to bring them up to the more complex standards of their other aircraft? I can not see it being as hard because for one, it's a smaller more simple airplane, and two, you already have a stunning model.Not only am I thinking about complete systems, but maybe even the systems that are already modeled, be modeled correctly. A family member who flys for Commutair, a carrier for Continental Connection flew the PMDG 1900D and to say the least, was disappointed. The two things that stood out the most were the fact that the Auto-Feather worked incorrectly, and the performance of the engines, in all stages of flight was very, very off.I think if PMDG were to offer two versions of the 1900, both would be successes. Maybe if they decide to make a more complex 1900, they would need some outside help. If that is so, I can probably be of assistance because that family memeber is rated to fly that plane solo, flew it for 15 years, and knows it inside and out. Also, I have a gagillion page manual describing in great detail of all the systems aboard the 1900. Think about itBill Denny

Bill,The point of the Express line is definitely not to make 100% accurate study sims like we do with our big airliners. I don't think there's any plans to make a study sim out of the 1900 unfortunately. We probably will revisit the Express versions of it for FSX however. There are well known built-in limitations regarding the turboprop engine model in FS that probably account for what your friend saw by the way.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com