Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilot55

A few points to ponder for the PMDG team

Guest pilot55

Dear allI've just completed one of the best flights of my life using the PMDG 747, active sky, Ground Environment Pro and a short hop from Sydney to Melbourne and it got me thinking about the following points.1) Currently there is no other airliner on the market as good as the PMDG 747,in terms of overall quality, systems simulation, VC quality(amount of 3D objects), frame rates etc. I base this fact on my current stable of aircraft, PMDG 737/747, Wilco 737, Level D 767, Flight1 ATR, Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne, and many more GA aircraft.2) FS9 is far from dead, I am sure there are many people in the same boat as me who cannot afford to upgrade to the latest PC and FSX.3) There is soon to be a flood of new Airbus products on the market which will leave the current 737 sims looking outdated. 3) Not all sim flyers wish to fly long haul. Personally speaking, I have an 11 month old daughter (who is totally beautiful by the way), which means I am limited to a couple of hours sim flying after everyone else in my family has gone to bed.4) Therefore what we are missing is a Boeing 737NG equal in quality to the PMDG 747. I know that the 737 NGX is in development, there maybe some news on the 1st Sep, who knows; but what I am really begging for is for PMDG to consider developing the 737 NGX for FS9 and not just for FSX.Just a couple of points to think about and any comments are welcome.RegardsNiall

Guest andyman

>1) Currently there is no other airliner on the market as good>as the PMDG 747,in terms of overall quality, systems>simulation, VC quality(amount of 3D objects), frame rates etc.> I base this fact on my current stable of aircraft, PMDG>737/747, Wilco 737, Level D 767, Flight1 ATR, Digital Aviation>Piper Cheyenne, and many more GA aircraft.Some of them come close though...>2) FS9 is far from dead, I am sure there are many people in>the same boat as me who cannot afford to upgrade to the latest>PC and FSX.You don't really want to go there... I'd search the forum for FS9 PMDG and you'll see why ;)>3) There is soon to be a flood of new Airbus products on the>market which will leave the current 737 sims looking>outdated.Not only will they make the 737 sims look outdated, it will be hard to choose from the 4/5 ones we are all hearing about (including PMDG) >3) Not all sim flyers wish to fly long haul. .. I am limited to a couple of>hours sim flying after everyone else in my family has gone to>bed.I agree.. I get bored stairing at the same tiling textures or a blue color texture that is supposed to look like water... MD-11 should be really interesting. The Megadog!>4) Therefore what we are missing is a Boeing 737NG equal in>quality to the PMDG 747. I know that the 737 NGX is in>development, there maybe some news on the 1st Sep, who knows;>but what I am really begging for is for PMDG to consider>developing the 737 NGX for FS9 and not just for FSX.I'd love a new 737NG! (for FS9 or FSX)