Sign in to follow this  
Guest caser

Only one engine control after landing 747

Guest caser

Hi all:After landing I only had control over #1 engine. This has happened twice now. I am wondering if there is an easy solution or am I doing something wrong or do I need to re-install? I was following the same procedures I always do when on approach. The last incident was at EDDK.RegardsRick

Guest samrec

You might have (without noticing) selected that engine to control. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you can just assign a key to syncronize engine control "select all engines". In my case I used "R".cheers

Guest caser

Hi:Thanks for the reply. I only use the FSUIPC that comes with the addons and I have no idea how to set anything even if I could with the unregistered one. As it is F1 is idle and F2 is reverse thrust. No matter what I did only engine #1 would increase or reverse or spool up. This has only happend twice.Best RegardsRick

Guest samrec

Pressing E and then 1 2 3 4 quickly should bring back full control to all engines.

If you're prone to inadvertently hitting the 'E' key, just go into options/assignments in FS9's menu and remove it as a selection, although you won't be able to individually control the throttles unless you set some other key assignment for engine select.Kim

Guest caser

To All:I really appreciate the responses. I have completed 3 flights now to 3 different airports with no trouble so it must have been me hitting the 'e' key.Best RegardsRick

Guest samrec

Don't mention it. I happen to me too when I was starting. Doing a "Around the world event" on a turbo prop found myself unable to stop upon landing and it was due to only controlling one of the props.Glad you can now fully enjoy this great plane. Look into mapping that "R" with FSUIPC that key is really not needed for FS as it only controls the speed of the sim.Have fun with the Queen.