Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Help with my English paper.

In about one month's time, I need to submit a paper about my career interest. So far, the best I can do is write a letter to the Corporate Office for Hawaiian since I don't actually know anyone or anyone who knows anyone. I wondered if anyone here just happens to know an airline pilot who is in Hawaii or will just happen to be in Hawaii before October 5th. It would be really helpful if it was a Hawaiian Airlines Inter-island pilot since I'm also flying back to Maui overnight at the end of the month. I'm going to try to get a seat on the flight deck to observe the work environment. I know it's nearly impossible but it's worth a try. Does anyone have a suggestion on this?Also, would anyone in the airline industry (pilots, dispatch, flight attendant, mechanic, Q, etc.) or those working toward that career mind answering some questions for me? I posted them here because I'm sure a lot of us younger people getting ready to start or who would like to start where their old enough would find this information extremely useful. If you'd rather return the questions privately, that's fine.1. What is your position title? What are your responsibilities?2. Does this position go by other titles in other organizations? What are they?3. What is a typical work day like for you?4. How many work hours per day/week are associated with this career?5. What do you like the most about this position? Least?6. What skills are most important in doing this job well? What personal traits?7. How did you enter this career? What other positions have you held?8. What type of preparation is necessary or helpful for this career in the US? In the rest of the world? (e.g. Ground school, PPL, ATP etc.)9. What are the specific educational requirements for this career? For example, is a High School degree (pre University) sufficient, or do you need advanced training apart from Flight School? What specific required and elective courses in university may best prepare someone?10. What is the average starting salary, and what are the chances for advancement both in title and in salary? What are the fringe benefits such as health care, retirement contributions, and so forth?11. How competitive is the job market in your area? World wide? What is the future outlook?12. How would you describe the working atmosphere in this career field?13. What are the most important goals for you, if any, in this field?14. What are the new trends or issues in this field?15. Can you suggest some publications I might read? What professional associations, if any, do people in this field belong to?16. How are people rewarded in this field?17. Is there anything else you think would be beneficial for us to know before going into or about the aviation industry?Thanks for everyone's help!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png