Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

R4D

I don't always get to keep up with the posts on the forum so forgive me if I ask something that has already been answered along the way.Has the great R4D NATS aircraft been updated for FS2K2? If so, where might I find it?Thanks!Dewey

Funnily enough, the upgrade has been posted today in the Avsim library. Appears, however, to be a repost, although it doesn't say so. The upgrade is dated late 2001, so I think some of us have this. But you should go for it! What a 'plane ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Are you saying the new one up at the library today isn't the FS2k2 with the virtual pit??? I was getting ready to download it but was wondering if I'd need a new key as I've already donated the $5 for the 4.75 version or if it'd just automatically detect my existing key??

Guest Jeff S KDTW

I did a "zipdive" to read the readme and it indicates that it does not have the VC, etc."This version does not contain any changes to the physical aircraft model (***.mdl or Model.cfg files) This means it does NOT include a virtual cockpit, rolling wheels, telescoping struts, or working landing lights. It was never the intent of the team to produce a complete redesign of the entire package for FS2002 at this time. We have too many other pots on the fire and deadlines are looming. This is not to say Jan Visser won't update the aircraft model files at a later date. If and when he does, we promise not to charge anything for it! :-)"Although, in the meantime, this aircraft has so much more to offer, that it is definitely worth the install. :-)Regards,http://home.earthlink.net/~snyders2000/name.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=jlsnyder@hdp.com|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS][link:www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/posting101.html|SCREENSHOT TUTORIAL] | [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1]AUDIO BIBLE][/b

Guest drobson

Trev,Copied directly from the file description:"File Description:R4D-6 (DC-3) version 4.75 for FS2002 - Updates the world's most-downloaded FS DC-3 plane and panel. All new gauges, sound package, and flight model make it compatible with FS2002. It's complete, but time-limited Donationware. Unlock key is Free to Donationware CD owners, past MAAM donors, and members. All others must pay a $5 registration fee for their key to the Mid Atlantic Air Museum to help re-engine the real R4D. Requires FS2000 R4D installation. For a no-download, up-to-date, self-installing R4D for FS2002, order the CD at www.maam.org. (RR)"So, it would appear that it is still donationware.Darrell

Guest Jeff S KDTW
Guest Matt Johnson

I've already generated a *prod* down the chain of people necessary to find out for exactly what reason these were re-uploaded.Regards,--M