Sign in to follow this  

Pushback gauge

I see that FS2002 has a more realistic pushback feature that is a great improvement of the FS2000 version, by not having to go into slew mode, and lose the sound of the aircraft. Quite a few panels have the Pushback gauge, which gives you various pushback options. Can this gauge be modified to not use the "slew" action, and mimic the "Shift P" and No1 and 2 keys? Sorry if this is such a simplistic question, as I am not a gauge programmer. Cheers Chris

I kind of like the idea of using the reversers for self push back as in they do in real life at Dallas Fort-Worth. But I don't think the reversers in FS2002 have enough power so only one plane i've seen has the ability to push it self back...If anyone knows where I can find more aircraft the push themselves back it would be great. Alp.s. the real planes the push themselves back are usually DC-9s, MD-80, Fokker 100, etc...

I still can't get the pushback feature in 2k2 to turn. I guess moving to spot view or something messes it up.I have mentioned many times in this forum how nice it would be to have a dedicated pushback module. It would be cool to be able to change the pushback truck type, it's colors, and parimeters.Yes I have tried Lagos but I don't like all the other stuff that comes with it, nor the cartoony pushback guy. :-)SteveCYYZ

Steve, I've found that to turn the aircraft in pushback mode, I have to select the direction of turn [strong]immediately[/strong] after pressing SHIFT + P. I can then select spot, or any other view and watch the action.Drew