Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Service

747-400X and acceleration pack with SP2

Guest Ron Service

I noticed when I was installing the 400X, that there was a message that the install had detected that I had a "newer version of FSX", i.e., acceleration pack and SP2. I notice that the frame rates are somewhat less than with my Level D 767.Will there be a patch for those using the acceleration pack and SP2? My system is an AMD 5200+ with 2 gigs mem and an ATI HD 2900XT video card which supports DX 10.Any info appreciated.RegardsRon

Guest Ron Service

BumpRon

Ron,We did test it, we just put that disclaimer in there because we didn't have all that much actual time to test it with Acceleration/SP2. It runs fine with Acceleration based on our testing though and we don't anticipate any performance related updates unless ACES makes some core changes to FSX, which is not likely.Our plane is designed differently from LDS's and does more in some areas of the systems simulation. Our VC is also much more complex as far as geometry... We weren't about to make it look worse than the FS9 version to get more FPS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com