Sign in to follow this  
Guest cknipe

744X, First flight, some questions

Guest cknipe

Allrighty,First test flight is underway, on Vista Enterprise 32bit, only using ASX as a addon... The lights and sounds, so far are incredible I must confess I am a bit blown away... Performance is good as well on my AMD AM2 3500+ 2GB RAM and my el cheapo graphics card which still needs to be upgraded. Just three questions though, might be arbitary... - The nose wheel does not seem to turn when taxing? Not sure if this can be related to my lowish detail levels in the graphics settings...- When turning on the BEACON lights, the light at the top of the aircraft flashes extremely fast, again not sure if this is normal or something wrong on my side...- For some reason, my clock and TCAS panel fonts do not show. The panels don't show any digits on them at all, however the panel itself does seem operable.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179694.gifI'm doing a nice 14 hour FAJS-KJFK on a full fuel load, so maybe I'll post some more later if and when anything comes up.. Also burning to see what improovements the FS9 patch braught about now, hmmm... Regards,Chris.

Chris,1. Nose wheel - we're looking into reports of this. It's not happening to everyone so we're not totally sure yet. Do you have cockpit hardware? (gear handle etc) We know of a couple issues related to hardware that can cause this.2. Haven't seen this, I'll make a note to look at it.3. Couple things here:a. Did you try restarting? Some people have reported that the fonts don't "take" until a restart.b. If that doesn't fix it, try cycling the overhead's Standby Power switch - go OFF, BAT, then AUTO. There seems to be some sort of issue with FSX battery drain causing this for some people.Let me know if those fixes don't work.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest cknipe

Hi Ryan,Sorry for the belated reply, just quick feedback after I rebooted... - Nose wheel seemed to have gotten fixed after the reboot... - NAV Lights still remain, flashing very fast- Fonts are showing after a reboot.I'm having a host of other issues though since the reboot, include the queen not being able to maintain speed or altitude (goes into a dive / climb scenario the whole time), and SIDS/STARS are also not being followed correctly with the queen not decending, and then taking a dive at -4000fps occasionally to capture altitudes again.I'll go through the rest of the posts on the forum though, it seems the reports are just becoming more and more... Regards,Chris.