Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Curious about one of the technical changes in the 744X

Guest AJ

I ask this not as a criticism, but purely out of curiosity.I noticed that in the FSX version, the dome light is only available when at least one engine is running. This was not the case in the FS9 version. I presume that this change is simply a step toward improving realism, but I would like this confirmed form someone on the team, if possible (just to make sure that it's not just me). If this is realistic, could someone explain why the dome light would be made unavailable when the aircraft is running off ground power or APU power. I understand why it would not be available when running on battery power, but I would have thought the APU/groud power generator could handle it.Andrew

"...but I would have thought the APU/groud power generator could handle it."I thought it should, too...Anyone else seeing this???Cheers.Q (RW 744 lightbulb changer)P.S. (Edit).. Looking at the RW 744 wiring schematics, the forward dome lights should be illuminated (at reduced intensity), even with the STORM light OFF !!! (under Battery Power only). With the STORM light ON, under Battery power only, the dome lights should illuminate fully. With the Ground Service Bus powered, the DOME LIGHT dimming control becomes active. However, I can't imagine any desktop sim company modeling 744 lighting to this degree ;)

Guest AJ

Thanks Ryan. One more item to check off the list.Andrew