Sign in to follow this  
Guest jveeningen

747X: Take off / climb performance ?!

Guest jveeningen

hey all,Since installing the 747X, I made a few flights.In every one of them, I noticed the performance of the aircraft during take off and initial climb is very good, too good it seems.I have many hours in the 747 in FS9 and now in FSX the aircraft seems much lighter.Best guess would be that this has something to do with Load management, however every time before the flight I loaded the X with 520000lbs ZFW as well as 200000lbs fuel, seems like a normal 747 load to me. But when taking off, the aircraft reached VRotate in few seconds, I used about half a normal runway.Also in the climb I get climb rates up to +5000ft/min.Question: Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Or maybe PMDG staff has any ideas? I could be totally wrong of course, just want to be sure. I will try a new test with the 747X fully loaded.

I have read somewere that you can change the payload without having to exit FSX. Is that realy true?Have you tried right klicking on the

It's true, the load manager will update 400X with FSX and aircraft running.Fully loaded take offs still take 20nm to get to 10,000 ft which is what I found with the FS9 version. But she doesn't skoot like a scalded cat when light, doesn't she?

Dan Downs KCRP

It's true, the load manager will update 400X with FSX and aircraft running.Fully loaded take offs still take 20nm to get to 10,000 ft which is what I found with the FS9 version. But she does skoot like a scalded cat when light, doesn't she?

Dan Downs KCRP

It's true, the load manager will update 400X with FSX and aircraft running.Fully loaded take offs still take 20nm to get to 10,000 ft which is what I found with the FS9 version. But she doesn't skoot like a scalded cat when light, doesn't she?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest N405WN

In my experience, you have to load the plane while FSX is running. It doesn't work when it's not. You're plane is probably still empty. A good way to check is to go into the FSX fuel and payload menu and check what the payload of the aircraft is. Everytime you use the aircraft, the payload will reset so you must do this everytime you start up FS. Hope this helps.Marc Beck

Guest gilbnx

I too had the same issues of a "more than expected" performance on the B744X (I have over 800 hours on the PMDG B744 (FS9) and I never had such a quick accelaration).This also may be related to the inability to keep the aircraft stable at cruising alt (the oscillation...) maybe there is something wrong in the way the load manager loading the aircraft? (and yes, I used the load manager while SFX was running and I was parking at the gate; I didn't want to initialize FMC and accept any weight before all the load was set and "sent to FSX" through the load manager...)Gil.