Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jpanford

Quick Question

Guest Jpanford

Just installed 747-400X, but I detect a little bug. When landing upon selecting flaps there should be a limit speed on the PFD for the flap selection, but this only happens after you select flaps 5. In effect the flap limit speeds are not correct. I'm also having a problem with the LCD MCP on the freighter, its not lighting up. Any ideas?ThanksJoe

Guest AJ

1. Before you call something a bug, you must first establish that you were not making any mistakes yourself, and that there is not some conflict in your system. 2. For us to help you effectively, you need to provide more information about how you had the aircraft is setup. Did you select flaps/vref in the FMC Approach page? Was the FMC initialized and programmed with position, performance info, etc?3. If the MCP numbers were not lit, then something is definitly amiss. Is this all the time, sporadically, or on one instance? Descibe how you have the electrical system set up. Are the other displays working normally? The mroe detail you provide about what you were doing and how you were doping it, the easier it will be to identify the problem. FWIF, I have not experienced any of the problems you described with the 744X.Andrew

The 400FX MCP displays need power unlike the older panels.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Joe, I had the same issue, the font used for the MCP is a set of blue digits. As I jumped straight into FSX after installing, the displays were blank.After a reboot, the display worked as the font was now registered.It looks like Windows needs a kick in the pants to pick up the new font.Ray