Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Flap settings on PFD tape during approach

Before approach (in FS9), I select the APPROACH REF page and select the flaps/speed for landing, and it inserts the REF in green on the speed tape. Then as I descend toward the approach point, I see UP in green and then the flaps sequentially are annunciated on the PFD tape as I select the next flap setting. After selecting flaps 20, however, there are no more flap annunciations on the tape during approach, there's just REF. Am I missing the little green annunciation for flaps 25 and/or 30? Jonathan

Jonathan Sacks

Dell XPS Gen 4, Pentium IV Northwood extreme 3.8Ghz, 3Ghz RAM, eVGA 7900 GTO,

12 GoFlight modules plus MCP-PRO AP and EFIS, GF pedestal, CH rudder pedals,

CH throttle quadrant, 42" LG LED, 24" DELL LCD, Windows XP, FS2004, FSUIPC 3.96

FS Autostart 1.1 (Build 11), FS Navigator 4.6, UT, FE, GE, REX, PMDG, Level-D, PSS, etc.

Guest Just747-400

Dear Jonathan,All the indications you are seeing are correct, you are not missing anything. Those are flaps maneuvering speeds for flaps retraction/extension for current flap setting and next lesser flap setting. Next marking is REF based on flaps 25 x 30 selected by pilot from CDU for landing. You need to read flight instruments, displays, controls and flight management chapter.

Alex:That is good news and a relief that I am not missing anything on my VC panel. Thanks for posting!Cheers,Jonathan

Jonathan Sacks

Dell XPS Gen 4, Pentium IV Northwood extreme 3.8Ghz, 3Ghz RAM, eVGA 7900 GTO,

12 GoFlight modules plus MCP-PRO AP and EFIS, GF pedestal, CH rudder pedals,

CH throttle quadrant, 42" LG LED, 24" DELL LCD, Windows XP, FS2004, FSUIPC 3.96

FS Autostart 1.1 (Build 11), FS Navigator 4.6, UT, FE, GE, REX, PMDG, Level-D, PSS, etc.