Sign in to follow this  
Guest aro69

Setting NAV1 frequency

Guest aro69

Hi,Most likely a dummy question:Approaching and would like to do a "manual" ILS approach, ie. not following procedures or using what has been (otherwise correctly) input to the FMC.How can I set the ILS frequency on NAV 1 manually? I believe I've found where to set in on the radio stack, but it is not adjustable (inactive push buttons).Thx,aro

Guest c210_cvs

It's set via the FMC and the format is freq/crsNot sure which page though! Don't do this often!

Guest SilverCircle

>Hi,>>Most likely a dummy question:>>Approaching and would like to do a "manual" ILS approach, ie.>not following procedures or using what has been (otherwise>correctly) input to the FMC.>>How can I set the ILS frequency on NAV 1 manually? I believe>I've found where to set in on the radio stack, but it is not>adjustable (inactive push buttons).1. Hit the NAV/RAD button on the FMC2. You can edit all your NAV and ILS frequencies there. ILS is on 4L and the format you must enter in the scratchpad is freq/crs (i.e. 109.50/084)P.S. in the pmdg 744 NAV1 and ILS are not the same (unlike in most other addons due to the limitations in MSFS). The PMDG allows you to set ILS independently from NAV1

Guest cliffie1931

Alex here's MY dumb question.What does "crs" stand for please?Cliff

Guest SilverCircle

>Alex here's MY dumb question.>>What does "crs" stand for please?It stands for "course". It's the heading of the runway and the course which must be maintained to stay aligned with the rwy.On your ND (in app mode), it's represented by the magenta needle together with the CDI.

Guest aro69

Thx, gents.ILS approach completed succesfully after following your instructions. I'm slowly getting into full procedural FMC programming (ie. complete program from TO to landing), but meanwhile I'm setting down this bird using 'manual' ILS programming of the FMC.Was not aware of the NAV1/ILS limitations of MSFS - thx for clarifying that too./ aro

Guest sanal

Alex,I was having some problem to locate ILS radios. Now I know it has to be done through FMC, but my problem, LOC/APP buttons is not working or are they dummy buttons?? IF not, how I can activated them.ThanksSanal

Hi aro.You asked the same Q I had when I started the PMDG 747. That was the first step to force me to open that FMC. It has been down hill from there.. Hee hee :)IF you search this PMDG thread by my name "Manny". you may find some conversation where I or someone has posted some links to some tutorials. Simple ones to get you started...and then move onto the real big tutorials.MAnnyI did some search.Here is a downloadable how to program the FMC by Brett Donahuehttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...++++&CatID=rootAnd here is a quick and dirty tutorial that would get you up and running real fast and be able to a complete cat I Landing.http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htm

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest aro69

Those are brilliant links, Manny - thx. Maybe material for a 'sticky' to the benefit of us newcomers?/ aro

"Now I know it has to be done through FMC, but my problem, LOC/APP buttons is not working or are they dummy buttons?? IF not, how I can activated them."In MSFS the LOC / APP buttons will not illuminate/activate if you are not receiving valid ILS signals from the ground. Do you have LOC and G/S pointers on your PFD or ND?Cheers.Q> イアン