Sign in to follow this  
Guest xxgunnerxx

PMDG 744 FS9 Questions

Guest xxgunnerxx

Hi I have a few questions about the PMDG 744 which I just started to learn:1. For some reason after a few minutes after takeoff, i get a X-Feed Config Fuel message. When i go to the EICAS fuel page i see that (initially) there is less fuel by around .3 in the 3 engine than in the second page, this ALWAYS happens to me. Maybe because I'm always flying at 4x? Do i remove this message by fuel cross feeding?2. The fuel flow (FF) doesn't seem to be the same for all engines, is this normal?3. Sometimes I like to watch the 744 do autolands but once or twice it disconnected on me just bellow 200 feet AGL which caused me to do a go around, but on the second approach it landed without a glitch... What's going on here?4. Is there a way that PMDG can sync with Activesky in order to get the wind speed inputted into the FMC?5. ARCAS - does it work?6. If i takeoff at 1/3 fuel on board and climb and cruise at FL370, the engines are usually working at around 95 thrust- is this normal? or should it be much lower at this cruising altitude?Thanks for your help, Igor.

>Hi I have a few questions about the PMDG 744 which I just>started to learn:>>1. For some reason after a few minutes after takeoff, i get a>X-Feed Config Fuel message. When i go to the EICAS fuel page i>see that (initially) there is less fuel by around .3 in the 3>engine than in the second page, this ALWAYS happens to me.>Maybe because I'm always flying at 4x? Do i remove this>message by fuel cross feeding?This message means that your crossfeed valves are not in the correct configuration. If tanks 2 and 3 have more fuel than 1 and 4, then all crossfeeds should be open. also, the fuel levels on the second progress page shows fuel used, not on board. This just means that #3 burned less fuel than the others.>2. The fuel flow (FF) doesn't seem to be the same for all>engines, is this normal?That's the way it is in real life. No two engines operate exactly alike. If you look at all the parameters, they show slight variances. >3. Sometimes I like to watch the 744 do autolands but once or>twice it disconnected on me just bellow 200 feet AGL which>caused me to do a go around, but on the second approach it>landed without a glitch... What's going on here?If you have any manual control input, the AP will disconnect assuming that you want/need to take control. Sometime old controllers will give false inputs.>4. Is there a way that PMDG can sync with Activesky in order>to get the wind speed inputted into the FMC?No. >5. ARCAS - does it work?Not yet but it may work for VAs in the future.>6. If i takeoff at 1/3 fuel on board and climb and cruise at>FL370, the engines are usually working at around 95 thrust- is>this normal? or should it be much lower at this cruising>altitude?That is normal. If you drop down the amount of thrust required will be less. You probably should be at about F350 if you have 1/3 fuel loaded. Check you optimum altitude. You may be too high. You'll be able to step climb to F370 when the FMC says to.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ryan Gamurot