Sign in to follow this  
Guest VICDEL

Sometimes it's hard to engage the autothrottle on pmda7...

Guest VICDEL

Please help - unless I engage the autothrottle as the very first thing (PMDG 737)it wouldn't engage !!!I do switch the YAW DAMPER 'ON' but once I try to engage the autothrottle it goes to off again !!! What am I doing wrong ?What am I missing, I havn't come across this in any of the PMDG Manual.Victor Delceppo

Hi VictorFrom your post it is difficult to tell if you are an experienced user or not so this reply assumes that you are quite new pilot to the 737 cockpit. Aplogies if this is not so. You may not be aware but on the PMDG website there is when you click support a tab called PMDG OPS, then go to PMDG 737 NG FAQ then 3.11 is about autothrottles not "latching". I have cut and pasted that bit here for you, but do go there and read the other articles as they are a good read for other problems you may encounter, If this is not your solution please re post with exactly at what stage of your take off the auto throttles failed and then we will see if we can help more.cut and paste,No autothrottles after installing the PMDG 737NG 800/900 or autothrottle switch will not latchThis is caused failure to follow the Normal Checklist. Engine generators on the overhead panel are not selected ON after engine start, which causes the autothrottle switch to disarm. Turn ON the generator by cycling the GEN switch to ON momentarily and ensuring the Blue Gen off Bus light is out and the problem should be corrected. hope this helpsJohn Calleja (armchair pilot)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg