Sign in to follow this  
ep-irl

Computer reboots while in 747-400x

hi there,I have a dual core computer 2gb of ram and ATI x1600(ish maybe x1650)256mb graphics card.and dual monitors.(running XP sp2) ive disabled the catalst A.I. as your website suggest.PMDG loads up ok, the computer can reboot (not CTD)while im programming FMC normally or if i go to outside view, i have xtreme scenery for some UK airports, but i have those disabled (not uninstalled)Its completely random, but it normally happens when im trying to programme fmc and doing it(clicking)quickly on the FMC panel.I have FSX (SP1) setup on serval settings but normally Medium.and it can happen a lot in day flying and if i load up a saved panel state. from the PMDG pulldown. and while in multiplayer sessionsAny suggestions?

This is 99.9% a hardware issue. Most likely culprits: Overheating CPU and/or video card, bad RAM, or possibly a bad power box.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks for your reply, It only happens with PMDG 747-400x and not with any other plane/default or add on or any other programme for that matter.might try a clean reinstall of winXP fsx and pmdg747-400x and see what happens

Guest remy_becher

What sound card are you using?Remy Becher

not too sure of the make of sound card if any(i'm not at my home computer now) the computer is Packard Bell about a year old. as i said it has a ATI graphics card, i think the sound is built in.anyway why do you think its the sound card?

>Thanks for your reply, It only happens with PMDG 747-400x and>not with any other plane/default or add on or any other>programme for that matter.That doesn't matter at all, our gauges stress a system more than any other addon out there. You very well could only see stability issues with the 744 and not with others...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com