Sign in to follow this  
Guest derekb

Tutorials for FSX

Guest derekb

Hi folks,I just downloaded the FSX version of 747-400 and I can't seem to find the tutorials I seem to recall were in the original Queen of the Skies package. The downloadable ones don't seem to have FSX compatible files to get started. My question is, as a complete newbie, is there a tutorial or a lesson somewhere for FSX?Thanks,Derek Burney

Guest derekb

Unless those files have changed in the last couple of days, the support files are all FS9 and haven't been updated for FSX. I know the actual tutorials will remain the same because the operations haven't changed much between the two versions if at all, but without the supporting files to get the panels and flight data in the right shape, it's tough to use. Thanks!Derek Burney

I would like for them to be updated as well, have downloaded the ones for fs9 and used them. but since its been so long that I have flown the 747 Im pretty rusty and it would be a nice way to brush up on different procedures :)

Guest nilisvd

Hi,I just tried to use the files provided in the tutorials and I it works with FSX. I just placed the flight-files in the folder 'flight simulator x files' and the panelstate files in %FSXROOT%PMDG747400Panelstate and the planner files in %FSXROOT%PMDGFlightplans. In the same way I used the files that came with the Long Haul tutorial of Craig Read. In that case I only had to change the name of the plane in the .flt file. GrtzNiels