Sign in to follow this  
Guest bombayduck260992

PMDG BOEING 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES FMC-help

Guest bombayduck260992

Hey everybody. I just received the PMDG 747-400 for my fs 2004.Now i have two questions.1) How do i get the wing-view. In the virtual cockpit i can walk around and go even trough the upperdeck. Then when i descend to the lower-deck, i see nothing. It is actually the lower deck with only the surround scenery of the airport. So i don't see anybody or chairs like that; the lowerdeck isn't there. Unless there is an update for that or something. Please Help!!!2) For the auto-landing i need a NAV-frequency. That's easy to find, but inserting it into the VOR1 on the NAV/RAD page just isn't working. It is set automatic, but there i just cant't get it into manuel-inserting. And i know that there are lot of manuals, but i checked on the pmdg-site, this forum, other sites, the pmdg-fmc-manual. If someone would know to insert by example the frequency 110.10 into VOR1 and heading is 185. Just tell me. Thanks for Now"A Young Learing Pilot who is New to Everything"

Hello,I don't know your name, please sign with your real name !!!1) lower deck is not simulated, in virtual cockpit you have only the upper deck!2) Did you also read those manuals ? If so you would have find out that the ILS-freq (needed for your autoland) should be inserted in the format xxx.xx/yyy and upselected to the LSK 4L (it is marked ILS-MLS)(other than a B737 the ILS freq is NOT dialed via the VOR1 receiver!!!)I really encourage you to read those manuals throuly, the PMDG 744 is a simulation, not a game you step in and walk away from in a few moments!Anyway, welcome to the forum and goodluck with your study's :)

Guest bombayduck260992

Thanks Allot for you quick response.I will try what you said. But is there then a way to get the wing-view what you often see on youtube-promote-movies? I have really read all the manuals, but it just didn't get into me.Thanks allot for your help, and and have nice Christmas-Holiday.Best RegardsSwayze(Belgium)

HiWing-views are not simulated in FS9.They are in FSX!Those wing-views you see in some movies are created with third-party add-ons like Walk&Follow or Active camera, and yes, both payware.You can find them here: http://www.anticyclone.be/ and here : http://www.igfly.com/There are some freeware tools for creating wing-views but i have no idea where, maybe Avsim?Greetings in Belgium