Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

747 VC rain effects in fsx

does anyone know if it is possible to restore the VC windscreen rain droplet effect from FS9 in to FSX and if so how? would the FS9 effect file work in FSX?thanks Kav

Guest Shalomar

ONLY if you have SP2 installed... then... It will work for the PMDG 1900 series and any other FS9 aircraft like the ATR-72-500 by FLight 1. Also the MAAM-Sim DC-3- haven't tested the FSD Seneca yet...Download the file vcrainfix.zip in the FS2004 category of the Avsim library and install it into FSX the same way as the directions say for FS9. Unfortuanately it does not affect aircraft that are FSX only. It only works for FS9 aircraft that have the effect in their model file. And since SP2 messes up textures for many FS9 aircraft... But without SP2, you won't see rain on any of them... A conundrum. All the aircraft I mentioned have no problems with SP2 (the MAAM bird got fixed by them in an aditional download).Edit: P.S. I have flown the FSD Seneca a lot, just haven't been caught in the rain yet... Looks good in SP2 but I don't know if you will see rain on the windsheild.Hope this helps... Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.