Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Improved wind smoothing at high altitudes

From reading an earlier thread I see that some people are having trouble with wind smoothing at high altitudes.Just in case you didn't know this already, there is a reasonably complete solution available if you use Activesky X published by HiFi Sim. They recently released a service pack for this product which addresses wind smoothing. It's not 100% cure (the publishers do not claim otherwise) but it has made a big difference in my case. An added advantage of Activesky X is that you can choose to make it use VATSIM's weather stations. So when you disable the weather function in FSInn (which you must do, to make FSInn work properly in FSX) you can still fly online with the right weather.I might also point out that the publishers of Flight Environment X say that they will be releasing a competitive product as a free upgrade to their excellent clouds/sky/water package, which I suppose might help with this; but they seem to have gone a little quiet recently.I have no connection whatsoever to either publisher.Tim