Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Invalid page fault etc

Hi all, lets start first i was running me i got a copy of xp upgrade tryed to upgrade but it would'nt do it for some reason or another i then formatted hd and put windows98 se on but know i am getting terrible errors with flightsim 2002 pro some of the problems i am getting is i start fs2002 and get in my palne ready for cockpit preperation and i will be clicking around and then i click and the screen goes black monitor goes to standby some times it reboots itselfthen today i started up fs2002 selecting plane and i get an fs2002 has caused an invalid page fauly in etc unfortunatly i pasted the fault but did'nt get the important bit of info which is important now i bet you all think i dont know what im doing but do i have had 12 yars experiance the world of flight sim dating back to the commodore 64 days and i know quite alot about pc's but this problem is getting me down please help cheers for taking the time out to read this thankssystem specsathlon 1.2384 meg of ramgeforce 4 mx440 64mb20 gigabyte HDetccheers :-)

Guest JamesJ

Why don't you try your XP upgrade again from 98SE? I upgraded from that and the system is 100 times more stable..I've had the UG installed for about three weeks and haven't used the reset button yet. With 98SE it was two or three times a day..JamesJ

When you reformatted your harddrive and reloaded Win98SE, it only put the basic Windows drivers onto your system. You need to check your Device Manager for any contentions; !, ?, X, which would indicate the proper drivers are not installed and possibly that several of your peripherals are sharing IRQs. You also need to install the controller chips, sound, graphics adapter, modem, NIC and any other peripheral drivers. One of the most important is the controller chip drivers. You need to find out which controller chips your MOBO is using. Look for VIA, Intel, Sis and find the latest drivers for your system. You may have earlier drivers on a CD that you own. You also need to update Windows98 via Microsoft's update website.Since you probably haven't loaded too much on your reformatted system, I would try loading WinXP again. If successful, you also need to update WindowsXP via Microsoft's update website. The proper drivers are necessary for WinXP, as well.