Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 AFCAD Manchester Airport UK ...HELP!

Hi, If you are very familiar with this airport (like me) you will know that Runway 2 has been in operation for a few years now (in real life):-) I am trying to make two runways operational with UK2002 Manchester Scenery by Gary Summons.In AFCAD I understand how to 'overlap airports' so I have two airports overlapping:EGCC *****UK2002 EGCC MANCHESTER SCENERY BY GARY SUMMONS*****2GCCI have split the gates 50/50I have made plans in 'Traffic Tools' for aircraft to go to and from 2GCC as well as EGCC but I want this: Runway 24L ONLY USED FOR DEPARTURES Runway 24R ONLY USED FOR ARRIVALS Is this possible to do in AFCAD?I would be very grateful if someone could help meKind Regards,Mike Brand

Hi!Yes you can in AFCAD. You can enable/disable each end of the runway for arrivals and departures.

Hi, I don't know how to do it? I know you can close each end of the runway but I need AI Traffic to take off on 24L and then on their return to land on 24R. If 24L was used for departures then it also is also used for landings.Regards Mike.

Mike,24L- Close for Landings 06R Close for Takeoff24R - Close for Take Off 06L Close for Landings.This works. Good LuckKeith Cocker

Make sure you have the latest version of AFCAD (1.2.2), then you can follow the instructions in Keith's post to individually close the runways for landing or takeoff. Versions prior to 1.2.2 only allowed the runway to be closed for landing. You don't need to use overlay airports.Also I have made both runways the same length, although I'm not sure if this is still necessary.Ian

Ian Box

Mike, Make life easy on yourself and go to the UK2000 site and download the file from there. There is also another file zipping about which activates all the gates and runways by a chap named Leadbeater or leadbetter.Good luckGeorrge