Sign in to follow this  
Guest zanadu6365

Whoa! I don't remember the 737 doing this...

Guest zanadu6365

Hi, It's been a while.. a LONG while.2 questions.first my PC specs...P4 3 gig HT3 gig ramgeforce 7600GTXP sp2think thats it..ok first questionabout 737-XXXWhen I am in the 2d view, outside view my FPS is maxed at 20 (default lock) but as soon as I jump into the VC it drops to 2-7FPS.I don't remember it doing that. I havn't done FS for a while because my X-52 broke about 6 months ago. so decided to put it away for a while. Going to get a new controller (question 2) so reinstalled FS9 (have FSX and can see the visual diff.. wow.) since my PC is uber compared to what it was when I first got FS9 and now have everything maxed out and FR are good and solid at 20. Except with the said problem. anything I can do to make it better? I did a search and found the thread that said if I compress the whole folder it may help (cant hurt anything) do I am doing that now. Question 2I am planing to get the new Saitek Yoke and throtle system with an extra throtle quadrant and was wanting to know if anyone has it and what is your impression. I have only found two.. yes TWO reviews of it. one was 9.8 and the other was 10, but wanted a little more imput.Anyway thanks!DavidPS... with my setup could I run the 747 passenger edition? even if I am stuck in 2d view?

Guest zanadu6365

I forgot to mentin that my Geforce 7600GT is an AGP.. yea I got an old computer..Also I tried to compress my folder, worked good, but, wouldn't load the 737-xx so had to un compress it. I noticed that the VC FR drop when the LCD's power up. I honestly do not remember it running like this when I had it installed last time. I am runing the latest drivers (169.21) So I don't think it is because they are old drivers.it only happines with the PMDG 737.. *shrugs* Dunno.. but even so I love this plane and if I have to I will sim in the icky 2d view.

Guest zanadu6365

No takers? Come on I know this forum is full of helpfull and friendly simmers.I know someone has to know of some way I can play in the VC or at least know a thread they could link me to that has some help.I just refuse to belive that I can not run the 737 suite in the VC, be it just the VC or with or without the cabin.Again I am using FS9 (altho if I cant resolve this problem I will just stick to my 20 FPS FSX). I just think that it is odd that I can have up to 75 FPS(I put it on unlimited to see how hight I could get but have it locked at 20) in the 2D and exterior views and only a whopping 5 FPS or less in the VC. I do not have any other adons, it is a fresh of install that FS can have. only thing installed is the PMDG 737 suite and I don't even have any addon liveries (why are the called liveries and not pant jobs, decals or what not?) installedMY HDD is defraged, I have my anti virus (AVG) turned off.My plane is fully patched up to the latest version.Any help or Ideas as to what is wrong would be great.I KNOW that I have never had this problem, only thing I canthink of it is the new vid card. I had the Geforce 5700 FX before the card I have now. Granted I didn't get 75 FPS but I got at least 30 FPS. I know I have enough RAM. I think 3 Gigs is all that XP (32 bit) can use or read ( not quite sure why it can't use 4 gigs),My CPU is average, it's a P4 with 3.2 GHZ and Hyper threading. My Game HDD is small (compared to the current HDDs out there) of only 120 gig (os drive is 90 gig)with 75,000 RPM. That's why I am puzzled why I am getting such low frame rates. I turn all the sliders off and I still get the same problem.Just don't understand *shrugs shoulders and scratches his head*

Hi DavidI hate it when no one replies to a request for help. Unfortunately I can only offer you understanding as I am struggling with a very similar problem.I am running the PMDG 737-700 (FS9) on a Rent 4 3ghz, 2.5G Ram, nvidia7600GT PCie, TH2Go with 3 monitors running as 1 stretched displaying outside view(mon1), PFD and ND(mon2) and EICAS(mon3). Most times over sea etc I can get easily 35-40FPS but then at times on landing it goes to and stays at around 6FPS - sometimes it will let me land at 12-15FPS which is fine. On stock low scenery airports framerates are usually OK. My LevelD767 flys everywhere with excellent framerates. At least you are not alone.Bill

Guest swva6426

hey davidim just a simmer, not a teckkie.1) the only time i have a jumpy screen is when i am approaching an airport with addon scenery. i know their are "overclocking" tricks that may help, but most of the frame rate issues disappeared when i got a new puter with 1gb of ram and a faster processor.2) i have the saitek combo (controller and throttle quadrant. i want to say i got it as flightsiim shop. paid $150/US for it!!! (a very good deal back in october). LUV IT, LUV IT, LUV IT!!i never had the ch stuff, but many reviews here on this website say it puts the ch to same.i think you have to pay for the upgrade fsciup for each throttle to control each engine to work on the 737ng, but i am happy with one throttle controlling both engines.joe