Sign in to follow this  

Emma Field - this cannot be right!

Has anyone experienced this so far?All the rest of the textures look fine.Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These textures seem to behave the wrong way. Hi res when u r far away. Low res when u come near them.Alex

boy that looks like crap man :(nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

Well,I narowed it down. The problem only occurs in summer. Spring and winter is fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled- same prob. I downloaded the file once again, and reinstalled - same prob.By the way the sound level should be different outside and inside the plane. They found out after start of sales. They will adress the problem.This will be the last LAgo problem that I have bought. Because I really hate when paying customers are used as beta testers. And this is not the first time.Alex

I'm having a personal problem with this effort from Lago, mostly because I live in the Seattle area, and I love to design realism into my home area. While this project promises to break open new territory of design techniques, it annoys me that an entire team of Europeans chose to place their fiction right in my back yard. I would have probably bought it if they had put it somewhere else. If they wanted to fictionalize the world, why the heck didn't they do it in THEIR own back yard. Probably cuz no one really wants a fiction airport in their own area.Imagine making a world wide publisized release of EMMA field and putting it intentionally within 10 miles of Elma Municipal. When they had the whole world to choose from. Sheesh.B

LOL. Rumours are their next project will be Seattle "Ronald Reagan Intl." It will be one of the three largest airports worldwide.Alex

I forgot to say that the promised winch for sailplanes is not included as it did not work as it was supposed to. You notice it once you read teir readme.Alex

>These textures seem to behave the wrong way. Hi res when u r >far away. Low res when u come near them. That is a really strange effect, one that we have not seen before (certainly not in our rather extensive beta test). And as there have been several hundred downloads this night an did not see other reports like this, we have to assume it is something special to your machine.Does not mean it is not a problem and something we have to solve (if only because it really puzzles me..). Can you tell me the kind of graphics card and the driver you are using?Btw, the installer we make will automatically test the files when they are installed, so it is impossible for the installer to complete the installation when the files are either incorrect or not installed correct. No need to download and install again if you have these kinds of problems.Mathijs KokLAGO

Yeah, well I am sorry I overreacted. I was simply p... because I was very anxious to see the scenery and then this. Apart from that (in spring, and winter) it is really great and innovative stuff.Please accept my apologies.Alex

>I'm having a personal problem with this effort from Lago, >mostly because I live in the Seattle area, and I love to :-) Sorry for that. It was VERY complex to find a locations that was suited. We choose this location because it is close to both civilized world and to great wild country (as you should know). We did take great care not to place it where it would interfere with other airports or approaches.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Yeah, well I am sorry I overreacted. I was simply p... >because I was very anxious to see the scenery and then this. >Apart from that (in spring, and winter) it is really great >and innovative stuff. >Please accept my apologies. No problem, we'll get it sorted out... If only I had some idea where to start looking... Mmmm..Mathijs

Hi y'allthis is one of the most embarassing moments in my Life.I have to express my deepest apologies to the guys at LAGO.The crappy textures were not even from their scenery, but from another payware scenery that installed those textures in the scenerydb/worl/texture folder where they messed things up.Having a backup of all the default stuff it was easy for me to go back. I have no problems with this fantastic scenery since then (o.k. I think the additional sound effects are way too loud, I have frogs sitting on the co-pilot's seat :-)).The guys at LAGO did a fast and very good job in helping me to sort things out.Thx again and I am sorry for my rude words.Alex

What was the offending scenery so we all dont have the issue - as I have seen those too and they disappeared after I reinstalledRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Mathijs, No texture problems for me. Looks great! Little disappointed that the glider winch setup isn't there, but if it's coming all is ok. ;-) Also, slewing over to where a truck is towing a trailer, there is no sound from the truck, is there supposed to be sound? And, if no one has noticed, the heron that flys around and lands on the roof is too much!! he he Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

I have to say yes. The way this scenery is done it is new world inside FS2002, a small world however. It is clearly innovative and there is nothing comparable in today's market.If you think huge and airport you will be dissapointed though.I would go for it again. But then again there is barely an add-on so far that I did not buy, so maybe I am the wrong person to ask.I am rest assured however even if my attention will get caught by some other stuff like a new Airbus or whatever for 1 or 2 weeks I will come back to Emma Field a while later.Alex

> No texture problems for me. That one was tracked down to a problem on that users machine and it had actually nothing to do with Emma Field. Afriad to say that the user and we were not able to solve it before breakfeast and coffee:-)>Also, slewing over to where a >truck is towing a trailer, there is no sound from the truck, >is there supposed to be sound? I think so.. Not 100% sure about that as there are hundreds of sound effects. But it can take a few seconds before a sound is heard. We had to do this because this is the only way the impact on the framerate is minimized. So every 8 seconds the DLL checks where it is and what sounds to play. When it is playing a sound is checks every second if the sounds needs to be louder or softer because the viewpoint has moved away or towards the sound. All rather complex. I do know the winch itself has tree sounds, running idle, pulling glider, and uncoupling.> And, if no one has noticed, the heron that flys around and >lands on the roof is too much!! he he Hey... It a stork! Or is that the same bird? I found a bug in the program though, but it is very personal. The sound of the telephone that can ring in the FBO office is the sound of my own doorbell. This morning I opened the door only to see nobody. Took me a few seconds to realize what happened. We go to far in this hobby.Mathijs KokLAGO

Mathijs Kok,A little off topic but would like to ask you. After Amsterdam and Rome, Lago seemed to go away from designing big major airports. Are there plans for Lago to get back to doing airport sceneries?Thanks

Mathijs,This thing is HORRIBLE! I sat there for 5 hours watching it last night! :-lol (Well, there was a ballgame on, too) 5 hours and I didn't do anything except slew, and look around the place. It's amazing.BTW, that is one "dedicated" cook at the barbeque! He stood there the entire time. Made me hungry too. Great job guys! :)Are you going to be at the Avsim Conference? Maybe we can win some more copies of FU3 :-lol

>A little off topic but would like to ask you. After >Amsterdam and Rome, Lago seemed to go away from designing >big major airports. Are there plans for Lago to get back to >doing airport sceneries? As long as my fingers are not slapped by the Avsim crew for promoting products in a forum I'll be glad to answer.Yes, up to this moment we have focussed a lot on small aviation for FS2002. Mostly because Fs2002 is the first version of FS where this is really possible. Although advances have been made in other aspects it was the option to fly low and slow and see great stuff that made most impression on us when we started to work for FS2002.There is also another issue. Have you read Dreamfleet's message on why they stopped the Airbus project? Well we have sort of the same issue. If we would do a real big airport project (like Amsterdam was) we would like to do it in the style we now did for Emma Field. But that would take a massive amount of time or a massive amount of money. Almost impossible to make money on that. It's a real problem in our 'industry' at this moment. But we will do some larger airports soon, Honolulu is close to being ready and we have some more projects on the way. We will focus on keeping then 'small' (for online distrubution) and fast on framerates and well intergrated with Fs2002.Mathijs KokLAGO

>This thing is HORRIBLE! I sat there for 5 hours watching it >last night! :-lol (Well, there was a ballgame on, too) 5 So sue us:-)>BTW, that is one "dedicated" cook at the barbeque! He stood >there the entire time. Made me hungry too. No no no... he is their only at friday and saturday evening. And only when the weather is nice and their are guests. Of course the restaurant is closed on monday. Monday is overall a very slow day on Emma.>Are you going to be at the Avsim Conference? Maybe we can >win some more copies of FU3 :-lol We'll be there, of course...Mathijs